Hybrid View

Ext JS Premium Member smcguire36's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    smcguire36 is on a distinguished road

Question Group Tab Panel

Group Tab Panel

I am using the GroupTabPanel that is available as a UX in the examples folder in the ExtJS 4.x distribution. My page works fine in 4.0.7 but does NOT work at all in 4.1 RC2. I then tried the actual example page in the 4.1 RC2 distribution. It displays the grouped tabs on the left but the content of the pages that SHOULD appear on the right do not show at all. I checked in Firebug and all the content IS on the page, it just isn't showing. Also, it appears that nothing is happening when you click on a tab in the panel on the left. Has this example user extension been tested in 4.1? I noticed that the group tab example is NOT listed on the examples page in the 4.1 documentation.

--Stewart McGuire

Stewart McGuire
    Ext JS 2.x, 3.x, 4.x - Advanced User / Sencha Architect 3 - User

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

This GroupTabPanel has been re-worked for 4.1 GA and should be available and working when released.
    If you have access to the nightly build, please check these releases.

Regards,
    Scott.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ttbgwt is on a distinguished road

Any update in if the GroupTabPanel will be fixed in the 4.1GA or rc4?

Vote Rating

I tested the RC3 version of the GroupTabPanel. It works fine, except that there is a missing GIF file that creates the rounded left borders of the active group. In another thread it was communicated to me that the missing GIF will be included in the GA release. My problems documented above were due to the ManagedIFrame user extension for 4.x which apparently is not compatible with 4.1 yet.

Stewart McGuire

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ttbgwt is on a distinguished road

I get this error when I try to run /extjs-4.1.0-rc3/examples/grouptabs/grouptabs.html

grouptabs-rc3-firebug-error.jpg

Vote Rating

Oh! I forgot about that problem! There is an issue with the example. The order of the JS script blocks in the grouptabs.html file is wrong. Here is the correct order:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../portal/classes/PortalDropZone.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="../portal/classes/PortalPanel.js"></script>

Also, in the grouptabs.js file, change the loader setPath() method at the top to:

Ext.Loader.setConfig({
    enabled: true,
    paths: {
    'Ext.ux': '../ux/',
    'Ext.app': '../portal/classes/'
    }
    });

This will set the path AND enable the loader.

Stewart McGuire