Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nalgo01 is on a distinguished road

Default How to add styles to Textbutton/SplitButton ?

How to add styles to Textbutton/SplitButton ?

Hi Geeks,

As part of my feature i need to customize the TextButton/SplitButton using adding styles. I tried searching this, but couldn't find any .

I found a post in Gxt 2.X where it tell about adding styles to a "Button". I tried to use the same for TextButton/SplitButton, but no luck. Below is the css file i used...

.button-link .x-btn-text {
    cursor: pointer !important;
    cursor: hand !important;
    border: none !important;
    /* Disable the button-style */
    background-color: transparent !important;
    background:none !important;
    background-image:none !important;
    padding: 0px !important;
    color: #4784C3 !important;
    text-decoration: underline !important;

}

/* remove images */

.button-link {
    font-size: 22px;
    }

/* remove little dots in FF */

.button-link .x-btn-tl i,
    .button-link .x-btn-tr i,
    .button-link .x-btn-tc i,
    .button-link .x-btn-ml i,
    .button-link .x-btn-mr i,
    .button-link .x-btn-mc i,
    .button-link .x-btn-bl i,
    .button-link .x-btn-br i,
    .button-link .x-btn-bc i {
    font-size: 0px;
    }

Can some one let me know on how to customeize TextButton/SplitButton using styles?

Thanks in Advance,
    gopi

Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

I asked the same question some time ago (I just wanted to have bigger text on a button) and got no answers...
    My current understanding is that we have to use GWT 2.4 Appearance and Cells to change the look of components. I haven't had time to investigate more the topic...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    cristi.tetic is on a distinguished road

Hi,

TextButton testButton = new TextButton("Test");
    testButton .addStyleName("btn_test");

and then add in you css:

.btn_test button{
    font-size: 11px;
    padding:2px;
    }

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shashank_a is on a distinguished road

Hi Cristi,
    I think by using the CSS that you have specified above we can only change the font colour and text. What if I want to change the background colour of the button itself.

I tried using background-color property in a css file and added that style name to text button instance.
    From that I came to know that some static image or some layer is being placed between the text displayed on the button and the background colour where it is getting applied..

If my observation is right, then is their a way to change the background colour of a text button?

Can any one provide me some heads up or some information in customizing the themes in GXT 3.0
    Customizing means how can use only colours to the component background instead of maintaining static images with states(Select state, over state, Inactive state etc)
    Thanks in advance.

Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

Before I say anything, I would strongly suggest evaluating the need to modify the styles and or themes. I.e., is it something you can live with for now? That said...

A theme creation tool is on the roadmap but is not available yet. As you touch upon, the problem is that there are a lot of images that are used and they would need to be regenerated for any new theme.

In this case, the background of a TextButton is a gradient image and merely swapping it out will not be sufficient since all the other CSS colors match that gradient.

Additionally, take a look at the DOM structure of a TextButton. You'll note that it's not an <input type="button"/> but rather a complicated structure containing nested tables. Applying a style to the TextButton applies it at the top most DOM element and is overridden by other styles further down this DOM tree. This is why your CSS is not having any effect.

Assuming your button only contains text (i.e., no splitter or icon) the <div> inside the second <td> inside the second <tr> inside the first <table> is where the background image is applied - some 6 descendants down from the top most <div> where your style is applied.

If you are feeling adventurous, you can extend and muck around with ButtonCellDefaultAppearance, construct a TextButtonCell with your new appearance, and then construct a TextButton with your new cell.

There are also ways to selectively hijack appearance CSS files. Here's an example using grids: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?250743. I think you'll want to do this to ButtonCell.css.