Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mescalito2 is on a distinguished road

Default how to debug (breakpoint) Sencha Touch 2 apps when developing on Sencha Designer?

how to debug (breakpoint) Sencha Touch 2 apps when developing on Sencha Designer?

Hi there!
    I have been using Sencha Designer to create Sencha Touch 2 projects. I use Chrome for testing and now I want to breakpointing some of my code, how can I do that? Every time I refresh the page the break points are gone. I read something that I need to use the "?breakpoint" but I have no idea why is not working so far:

http://localhost/googlemaps/app.html?breakpoint

Also I realized the files i want to debug has a "_dc" parameter:
    http://localhost/googlemaps/app/view/detalleMapa.js?_dc=1334242199729

Thanks!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

You can turn off disableCaching by doing the following.

Select the Application node in the inspector.
    Search for Loader
    Add a Loader config
    Select the Loader node
    Search for disable
    Uncheck disableCaching

This will allow you to step through in debug across refreshes with caching turned on.

If you have a specific spot in the code you want to debug, you can also place a "debugger;" statement by putting that on a single line where you want to set the breakpoint.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mescalito2 is on a distinguished road

Awesome! thanks Aaron.
    By The way, the what is ?breakpoint use for? that is for what?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Appending ?breakpoint is another way of turning off caching for debugging purposes.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1