Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    squarefan is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Change item labels on-the-fly

Answered: Change item labels on-the-fly

hi@all

is there a predefined method or way available in touch 2 that makes it possible to change the label text on-the-fly.

I would like to update a couple of textfield labels (within a formpanel) and the labels of the main tabs in a tabpanel...

Updating the values directly does not work e.g.:
    Code:
    Ext.ComponentManager.get('id')._label = 'Test';
    I found some threads from Touch 1 but these methods don't work anymore.

Any ideas? Thans!

2. For tabpanel you can loop through it's items and set the title property and use setTitle method on the tab instance that is cached on the item as the tab property.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Each config will more than likely have a set method and you should use this set method instead of editing properties directly.

Fields should have a setLabel method which you can execute passing in a string.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

@Mitchell

thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I must have overlooked that in the DOCS (time for a break I guess)- works like charm on textifeld, selectfield etc.

As for the Tabpanel, I cannot find a method to set it directly (e.g. setLabel) - would be great if I could just pass an array to the tabpanel to update all the tab labels. Looking into the docs I cannot really find any method that allows me to update the tabs ... but maybe I am overlooking something.

Would be great if you could point me into the right direction... thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

For tabpanel you can loop through it's items and set the title property and use setTitle method on the tab instance that is cached on the item as the tab property.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Great thanks. Got it to work!

Thread Participants: 1