Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    salhi.mahmoud is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Life cycle of a component.

Answered: Life cycle of a component.

hi every body, how its going?
    still new in the big world of extjs, i am trying to run an animation of sliding. i create a container and put on it tow components, one of them is to be animated. the problem is that i dont know where to call the methode slideIn()
    Code:
    Ext.getCmp('newsMsg').getEl().slideIn('r',{duration:3000,easing:'linear'}).slideOut('l',{duration:3000,easing:'linear'});
    to run the animation. i tested it in the console of firebug and it works fine. so i thought it may be has something to do with the life cycle of component so i tried to do this
    Code:
     onRender:function(){        this.callParent(arguments);
            console.log('smhsopg');
            Ext.getCmp('newsMsg').getEl().slideIn('r',{duration:3000,easing:'linear'}).slideOut('l',{duration:3000,easing:'linear'});
        }
    in the container but still dont get anything, all i got is this message
    Code:
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'slideIn' of undefined
    can anybody give me a clue or/and explain me the life cycle of a component in Extjs 4.
    thank you

2. You need to do it int he render or afterrender event so that the element is created.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to do it int he render or afterrender event so that the element is created.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    salhi.mahmoud is on a distinguished road

thank you that helped.

Thread Participants: 1