You found a bug! We've classified it as TOUCH-2759 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Default [ST1] FormPanel appears as "form" instead of "formpanel" to Ext.ComponentQuery

[ST1] FormPanel appears as "form" instead of "formpanel" to Ext.ComponentQuery

(Ugh. Getting SO tired of having to go find the post, copy all the text out, pick my way through it trimming out useless stuff, making sure I don't screw up the code, then sitting back and wonder if my bug ever made it into the tracker. C'mon, guys, use a real bug tracker already. I know you have to be using one internally. If nothing else, at least let subscribers enter bugs into one. I sometimes put off or skip entering bugs because of how downright annoying this is.)

Sencha Touch version tested:
    • only default sencha-touch.css

Platform tested against:
    • n/a

Description:
    • FormPanel appears as "form" instead of "formpanel" to Ext.ComponentQuery queries. This is a bug, since as the documentation for Ext.ComponentQuery says: "Xtypes can be retrieved by their name with an optional . prefix". This is not true with FormPanel. A query for ".formpanel" or "formpanel" will find nothing. A query for "form" will find all the FormPanel.

I note that this has been changed in 2.0. If you do a CQ for "formpanel" in it, it will find the forms. A query for "form" will return nothing.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Open the 1.1.0 kitchen sink and navigate to the forms example. Open a console and issue:
      Ext.ComponentQuery.query('formpanel')
    • Do the same thing for "form" instead.
    • Repeat the first two steps in 2.0.

The result that was expected:
    • A list of the FormPanel elements should appear in both 1.1.0 and 2.0 for the first step.
    • The second step should return an empty array.

The result that occurs instead:
    • In 1.1.0, the "formpanel" step returns nothing. In 2.0 it returns results.
    • In 1.1.0, the "form" step returns results. In 2.0 it returns nothing.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Mitchell (or any other Sencha staff) - Are we actually going to see a bugfix patch for 1.x? I'm beginning to get a bit tired of entering these 1.x bug reports with no indication that they'll ever be fixed in 1.x.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    Mitchell (or any other Sencha staff) - Are we actually going to see a bugfix patch for 1.x? I'm beginning to get a bit tired of entering these 1.x bug reports with no indication that they'll ever be fixed in 1.x.
    I have been told we are but will ask for clarification.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1