Ext User
    Vote Rating
    velislav is on a distinguished road

Does anybody know what is going to be the support of namespaces in ExtJS 3.0?

It is ridiculous to develop an internet based business application without support of SOAP services. So fullfeatured XML opearation API is a must. JSON is a kindergarden technology for transporting business data. If ExtJs aims to follow RIA requirements it must deal with XMLs.
    Till the moment this becomes a fact, as SMAIL points, the client-side conversion is the only way.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rlieving is on a distinguished road

Question I don't have the anger of the previous post, but...

I don't have the anger of the previous post, but...

The fact that namespaces is not baked into ExtJS (2.2.1) is a little weird. How could that possibly be?

ExtJS cannot be all things to everyone, and I understand the commitment to JSON (and open source), but maybe this is an area that could be improved.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    wdonne is on a distinguished road

Default This can't work

This can't work

This approach lets you search for names with namespace prefixes, but not namespaces. Throughout a document the same namespace can be used with different prefixes. The DOM API should be level 2 and for the additional selector-based query functions it should be possible to declare the prefixes for the namespaces that will be used in the selectors. Those prefixes are not related to those in the XML document.

Werner Donné.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DiscoBoy is on a distinguished road

Bah, I'm really dissapinted. This still doesn't work with ExtJS 4.X
    I must say this is shameful!