Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ttbgwt will become famous soon enough

Your update worked really well. Just seeing this styling issue in ie (first screenshot below):

ie-issue.png

next screen shot is from firefox
    line-issue.png

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    christophe.geiser will become famous soon enough christophe.geiser will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by ttbgwt View Post
    Excellent and thanks! Is it possible to add the following feature?

Attachment 34754
    I wish to keep this extension as close to combobox as possible. To set the width for the list, use (after having re-uploaded the package):
    Code:
    matchFieldWidth: false,
    listConfig: {width: yourWidth}
    Now, to have the width dynamically set to the longest list entry, you might need to override alignPicker and calculate the max with for all store entries with Ext.util.TextMetrics (I have never used this util, so don't know if this is working).
    Cheers,
    C.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    christophe.geiser will become famous soon enough christophe.geiser will become famous soon enough

Your update worked really well. Just seeing this styling issue in ie (first screenshot below):

Attachment 34755

next screen shot is from firefox
    Attachment 34756
    Thanks, I don't have access to I.E. here, so cannot test/correct this. Can you tweek around the css to try find out where the problem lies with IE? I could then incorporate your solution.
    Cheers,
    C.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks! I have another suggestions for this feature
    feature-1a.png
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ttbgwt; 2 May 2012 at 4:28 AM. Reason: arrow was pointing at wrong location

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

After thinking about this, maybe what we really need is a listConfig minWidth?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

After thinking about this, maybe what we really need is a listConfig minWidth?
    listConfig ?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yes the minWidth worked great on the listConfig, thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    cl.nolen is on a distinguished road

Hi Christophe, thanks for posting this control. Since BoxSelect doesn't work right in 4.1 in IE, I decided to give this one a try.

I ran into a few issues trying to get it to work for me in my project, so I thought I'd share with everyone some changes I made in case anyone ran into the same problems. They seem to be easy to fix as well.

1. If you disable the control, you are still able to click on items in the list and remove them. In your onDataChange event in ComboView.js, you are checking for read only and not disabled. I simply added a check for disabled as well.

2. Setting trigger1Cls and trigger2Cls to null does get rid of the "clear trigger", but the drop down trigger remaining does not work. I had to modify the onTrigger1Click event to check to see if the trigger1Cls was null and expand the picker manually. I feel like i may have been doing something wrong here given the comments, but this worked for me once I did it.

3. Tabbing to the field then hitting the down arrow causes the picker to appear, but I get an error in Firebug coming from the ext-all-debug.js file, so there may be some issue with the key press event but I'm not positive. (Clicking on the drop down trigger causes no error.) I haven't fixed this one yet, though.

Thanks again, keep up the great work!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by cl.nolen View Post
    Hi Christophe, thanks for posting this control. Since BoxSelect doesn't work right in 4.1 in IE, I decided to give this one a try.

I ran into a few issues trying to get it to work for me in my project, so I thought I'd share with everyone some changes I made in case anyone ran into the same problems. They seem to be easy to fix as well.

1. If you disable the control, you are still able to click on items in the list and remove them. In your onDataChange event in ComboView.js, you are checking for read only and not disabled. I simply added a check for disabled as well. That's correct - has been fixed in release 0.9a

2. Setting trigger1Cls and trigger2Cls to null does get rid of the "clear trigger", but the drop down trigger remaining does not work. I had to modify the onTrigger1Click event to check to see if the trigger1Cls was null and expand the picker manually. I feel like i may have been doing something wrong here given the comments, but this worked for me once I did it. Yep, sorry for lack of clarity in comments. Now: setting trigger1Cls as null is enough

3. Tabbing to the field then hitting the down arrow causes the picker to appear, but I get an error in Firebug coming from the ext-all-debug.js file, so there may be some issue with the key press event but I'm not positive. (Clicking on the drop down trigger causes no error.) I haven't fixed this one yet, though. I think the problem lies here

Thanks again, keep up the great work!
    Thanks for your comments.
    C.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Have you been able to get this to work correctly in IE7?

Quote Originally Posted by cl.nolen View Post