Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    billtallitsch is on a distinguished road

Default size limitations

size limitations

Are the size limitations for storage limited to the amount of hard disk space on the user's device when using this solution?

When packaging with cordova, is this the right solution for storing and retrieving large video files (>500mb) on a users device for offline viewing? Maybe I need the Cordova SQLite plugins (for iOS)?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    munder is on a distinguished road

Default How to guarantee unique records?

How to guarantee unique records?

This proxy has brilliantly solved a lot of the problems I was having. Thank you.
    I'm stuck, though, on one particular table, where I need to ensure that records are unique, and don't know how. This is my model:
    Code:
    Ext.define('LRS.model.Answers', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Model',

config: {
            fields: [
                {name: 'id', type:'int'},
                {name:'distribution_respondent_id',type:'int'},
                {name:'survey_id', type:'int'},
                {name:'question_id',type:'int'},
                {name:'question_response_value', type:'string'},
                {name:'response_skipped', type:'int'},
                {name:'response_skipreason', type:'string'},
                {name:'response_comment',type:'string'},
                {name:'date', type: 'long'},
                {name:'synced', type:'string'}
            ]
        },
        identifier: 'uuid'
    });
    Ideally, I would like to have a composite primary key on the fields 'survey_id' and 'question_id', as that would guarantee each row's uniqueness, but I haven't been able to find out how to create a composite key in a model. Having 'id' as unique would clearly guarantee that each row is unique, by virtue of the uniqueness of 'id', but doesn't stop repeated combinations of 'survey_id' and 'question_id'. Does anybody have any ideas?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

Maybe I can be of help....

Apologies if I'm wrong on the following assumption (would be embarrassing on my own code!) but I don't believe that each table actually has an ID column; I think this is actually set from the auto-increment __ROWID__ on each websql/sqlite table (http://www.sqlite.org/autoinc.html). In that case your concerns about overriding the ID column as the primary key wouldn't apply, because strictly that column is not even part of the table's schema, in fact if you inspect the tables using the webkit dev tools, it doesn't even show.

So theoretically, you should be able to modify the create table method on the proxy (perhaps extend the proxy and have an additional config for an array of primary keys?), modifying the create table statement should be fairly easy:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...ltiple-columns

Hope this helps!
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for hideously late reply (to billtallitsch)

If you package to native, this will still use websql, therefore it's subject to the 5mb limit. In fact, asking for more space in a native app is not a good idea. webview's do not handle that request well.

If you want more than 5mb you'll need to go ahead and use the plugin. I believe there's one for android too.
    I blog about Sencha Touch at www.senchatouchdev.com

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    munder is on a distinguished road

Default composite primarykey

composite primarykey

Thanks for the information, shepsii, and for the suggestion. Excellent idea. I have a tendency to work with what I've got (i.e. lazily rely on other people's hard work), but modifying the proxy is a great suggestion.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    NMP is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Qumhieh View Post
    hi again
    here is the error i got when i increase DB size over than 50 MB in IPAD (v5)
    "SECURITY_ERROM Exception 18: An attempt was made to break through the security policy of the user agent"

i believe this is a privilege issue, but why its appear only when i increase the DB size? and how i can fix it?
    (my application is for IOS (IPAD) only)
    Did you find a solution for this? I'm also trying to create a larger DB than 50MB...

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    badgerb1 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by NMP View Post
    Did you find a solution for this? I'm also trying to create a larger DB than 50MB...
    Safari IOS has a 50MB limit so if you're doing a browser based application that's all you have. Web Views, which is what most "Native" apps actually use, also has this limit.

If you are using Cordova/PhoneGap to create a native app, there's a plugin that looks like it allows larger limits. I haven't used anything like this however so I can't be sure.
    https://github.com/brodyspark/PhoneGap-SQLitePlugin-iOS

Thanks
    Bob

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vn_service_desk is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I have a question with the sqlite proxy . Can the application's database be deleted if user delete the cookies, cache .. in iOS settings ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Manoj Solanki is on a distinguished road

No, the application database is not deleted or even effected when you clear cookies and data from "ios setting".

I have checked it in simulator.

Vote Rating
    vadimv will become famous soon enough vadimv will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Manoj Solanki View Post
    No, the application database is not deleted or even effected when you clear cookies and data from "ios setting".

I have checked it in simulator.
    But you check on device , you can delete websql databases by taping "clear cookies and data" button. If is native then yes, is not deleted.