Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mtippin is on a distinguished road

Default "Not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder" on OSX w/2.0.0 Beta 2 / 2.0.1-rc

"Not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder" on OSX w/2.0.0 Beta 2 / 2.0.1-rc

I've installed Sencha Touch SDK 2.0.1 RC and Sencha SDK Tools 2.0.0 Beta 2 on OSX Lion 10.7.3.

When I change to the Sencha Touch SDK directory and issue the 'sencha' command, I get an error:
    Code:
    [WARN] The current working directory (/Appplications/MAMP/htdocs/sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatiblity mode.
    I'm certain that I'm in the Touch SDK 2.0.1RC folder (version.txt says 2.0.1-rc) and that the SDK Tools 2.0.0 Beta 2 bin folder is on the path.

I don't know if it's a clue or not, but I am running with the latest Java runtime, 1.6.0_31

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

java has no bearing. Is your path correct?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    java has no bearing. Is your path correct?
    I believe so:
    Code:
    admins-iMac:sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc admin$ echo $PATH
    /Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta2:/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Beta/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
    (yes I realize the path references the previous SDK beta version also, but that folder has been completely deleted.)

Working directory is correct too:
    Code:
    admins-iMac:sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc admin$ pwd
    /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc
    But no dice.

I asked about Java because the previous SDK tools installer ran without any issues, but when I ran the 2.0.0 Beta 2 installer, it complained that it couldn't find Java on the machine. So I installed the latest Java from Apple, restarted the machine and the installer ran fine.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any other suggestions? Seems odd that I'm the only one with this problem!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arandlett is on a distinguished road

Default Same Issu

Same Issu

I have same issue. What I have is a copy of my application folder. All components are there however I get same error.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arandlett is on a distinguished road

I seem to have found the issue in my circumstance. There is a system level file called .senchasdk which was not present in the folder. When I copied that over the build worked.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sandeep45 is on a distinguished road

you need to have a file called .senchsdk for the sencha command to work

the sencha command looks for this file to determine its actions..

i created a secha project, move it around and the sencha command started giving the error u have mentioned. this happened because .senchsdk was a hidden file and was never copied around

Solution is simple. In your sencha project folder create a file called .senchasdk
    its content should be: sdk

thats it. now u r set. and the command should work.

PS: its content is the path to the directory where sencha sdk is. by default that should be sdk

Quote Originally Posted by mtippin View Post
    I've installed Sencha Touch SDK 2.0.1 RC and Sencha SDK Tools 2.0.0 Beta 2 on OSX Lion 10.7.3.

When I change to the Sencha Touch SDK directory and issue the 'sencha' command, I get an error:
    Code:
    [WARN] The current working directory (/Appplications/MAMP/htdocs/sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatiblity mode.
    I'm certain that I'm in the Touch SDK 2.0.1RC folder (version.txt says 2.0.1-rc) and that the SDK Tools 2.0.0 Beta 2 bin folder is on the path.

I don't know if it's a clue or not, but I am running with the latest Java runtime, 1.6.0_31

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ashapiro75 is on a distinguished road

Ugh, I keep getting this problem as well, I've tried some of these fixes but I have not tried the .senchsdk yet. The issue I am having though is the path issue but it said the build and sign is successful. I'm launching the packaging function from the Architect tool though. I don't know how much of a difference that makes. I'm using the latest version of Architect, SDK and SDK Tools. I get the app create but it throws that error. It however runs in the simulator and I can add it to iTunes but when I try to put it on my device either with iTunes or Xcode, I get install errors. I've literally been racking my brain on this all day. I've got my device set up in the provisioning portal, I've got my cert, I've got my App ID, etc..

cd /Users/ashapiro75/Documents/SenchaProjects/red/
    sencha package packager.json
    [ERROR] The current working directory (/Users/ashapiro75/Documents/SenchaProjects/red) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder
    The application was successfully packaged
    The application was successfuly signed
    logout

I actually moved the SDK into the /red directory to try that. My app wound up being 187 mb and all it is, is a red screen. That's all I tried to test this with.

So I take the .app that it creates, I put it into iTunes, try to add it to my device and I get an error... I'm about to give up on Sencha, it seems every time I get something down, something else changes and I feel like I am chasing my tail.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    fmrc is on a distinguished road

Default I've found a solution in Mac

I've found a solution in Mac

All the trouble seems to be related to that .senchasdk file at the root of the SDK folder.
    In order to make sure that the file is there:

- use the downloaded folder of the SDK as it is -> don't try to copy its contents into a different folder. I've done that and the dammed .senchasdk is not copied.

Once you launch the "sencha" command from the SDK folder, everything works fine.
    Hope it helps,
    Fernando