Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mtippin is on a distinguished road

Default "Not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder" on OSX w/2.0.0 Beta 2 / 2.0.1-rc

"Not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder" on OSX w/2.0.0 Beta 2 / 2.0.1-rc

I've installed Sencha Touch SDK 2.0.1 RC and Sencha SDK Tools 2.0.0 Beta 2 on OSX Lion 10.7.3.

When I change to the Sencha Touch SDK directory and issue the 'sencha' command, I get an error:
    Code:
    [WARN] The current working directory (/Appplications/MAMP/htdocs/sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatiblity mode.
    I'm certain that I'm in the Touch SDK 2.0.1RC folder (version.txt says 2.0.1-rc) and that the SDK Tools 2.0.0 Beta 2 bin folder is on the path.

I don't know if it's a clue or not, but I am running with the latest Java runtime, 1.6.0_31

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

java has no bearing. Is your path correct?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    java has no bearing. Is your path correct?
    I believe so:
    Code:
    admins-iMac:sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc admin$ echo $PATH
    /Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta2:/Applications/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-Beta/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
    (yes I realize the path references the previous SDK beta version also, but that folder has been completely deleted.)

Working directory is correct too:
    Code:
    admins-iMac:sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc admin$ pwd
    /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/sencha-touch-sdk-2.0.1-rc
    But no dice.

I asked about Java because the previous SDK tools installer ran without any issues, but when I ran the 2.0.0 Beta 2 installer, it complained that it couldn't find Java on the machine. So I installed the latest Java from Apple, restarted the machine and the installer ran fine.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Any other suggestions? Seems odd that I'm the only one with this problem!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arandlett is on a distinguished road

Default Same Issu

Same Issu

I have same issue. What I have is a copy of my application folder. All components are there however I get same error.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arandlett is on a distinguished road

I seem to have found the issue in my circumstance. There is a system level file called .senchasdk which was not present in the folder. When I copied that over the build worked.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jorik12345 is on a distinguished road

Same problem here.

With Sencha Tools 2.0.0 Beta1 I got nothing. Not even an error or something. So I tried upgrading but now I also get '[WARN] The current working directory (...) is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compatible mode.'

I did a search for the .senchasdk file but I wasn't found on my Mac...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Laurent_ is on a distinguished road

Same issue as jorik12345
    Where can I find this .senchasdk file?
    Thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    YomeKitsuma has a little shameless behaviour in the past

you can find it by using "console" (but..beurk), or, using TextWrangler which permits to open "hidden" files - just use Open File, check the show hidden box and navigate with the Open File dialog to find it ;-)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Laurent_ is on a distinguished road

Thanks. But the problem is that this file doesn't exist anywhere on my Mac and this makes the sdk to fail.
    Do you know what is generating this file and what shall it contain?