Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    YomeKitsuma has a little shameless behaviour in the past

an other question : have you try to "uninstall" the SDK tool (using the uninstaller) and re-install the newest version ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Laurent_ is on a distinguished road

Yes. I uninstall and reinstall cleanly. That doesn't help.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    zombeerose will become famous soon enough zombeerose will become famous soon enough

@Laurent_
    I have having the same problem but on Windows. I uninstalled the previous SDK (beta2) and installed beta3. From an XP command prompt, I run the following:

Code:
    C:\>cd PROGRAMMER\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3

C:\PROGRAMMER\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3>sencha

[WARN] The current working directory (C:\PROGRAMMER\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3)
    is not a recognized Sencha SDK or application folder. Running in backwards compa
    tible mode.

Sencha Command v2.0.0 Beta 3
    If I try "sencha app create", I get
    Code:
    C:\PROGRAMMER\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3>sencha app create

[ERROR] The current working directory (C:\PROGRAMMER\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3)
     is not a valid SDK directory. Please 'cd' into a SDK directory before executing
     this command.
    I also noticed that "app" does not appear in the list of available commands and "sencha help app" does nothing.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    zombeerose will become famous soon enough zombeerose will become famous soon enough

The same results after I uninstalled/reinstalled to the default "c:\Program Files\..." directory.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

+1 here on Win 7 64-bit
    Installed SDK 2.0.0-b3 to C:\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3 and checked the path. I get the tell-tale blank lines and a bogus JSB (the default blank file):
    Code:
    C:\Tangix_Work\htdocs\sencha-arch-deploy>c:\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3\sencha create jsb -a http://localhost/sencha-arch-deploy/app.html -p app.jsb3
    1.2.3 was a pain-in-the-neck to get up and running and 2.0.0 seems to bring confusion to yet another level...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jgui is on a distinguished road

Happened to me when calling the sencha command from the SDK tools folder. Did not happen when calling the command from the Sencha Touch 2 folder.<br><br>Hope that helps.<div id="CLSCRIPT_communicationDiv"></div>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mathias.Deshayes is on a distinguished road

Same problem here with the SDK2.0beta3:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3>sencha app create testApp d:\MyDocuments\testApp

[ERROR] The current working directory (C:\Program Files\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-bet
    a3) is not a valid SDK directory. Please 'cd' into a SDK directory before execut
    ing this command.
    Edit: I found the problem. The last version of sencha-touch is needed (2.0.1) and the current directory to run the command should be the folder of the sencha-touch SDK, not the SDKTools one.

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by zombeerose View Post
    The same results after I uninstalled/reinstalled to the default "c:\Program Files\..." directory.
    You need to run the sencha app create command inside the location of Sencha Touch2 it will use then the sdk to create a skeleton app.

When you run the sencha command by itself in a directory that doesnt have the sencha touch 2 sdk it behaves like the old sencha command 1.2 where it is for creating the jsb, and etc for Ext JS 4.

I have not looked at the new beta 3 and not sure if any new commands was introduced.
    Make sure the path

C:\PROGRAMMER\SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3

is located in your SYSTEM PATH variable for Win7.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Laurent_ is on a distinguished road

The problem is that the command line scripts are only included in the SDK since Sencha Touch 2.0.1. If you download Sencha Touch 2.0.1 alone you can't run the command line scripts.

Vote Rating
    aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about aw1zard2 has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent_ View Post
    The problem is that the command line scripts are only included in the SDK since Sencha Touch 2.0.1. If you download Sencha Touch 2.0.1 alone you can't run the command line scripts.
    You need to get the Sencha SDK Tools Beta 3 as well cause in the release notes for Sencha Touch 2.0.1 it said in the last bullet of Special Notes section:
    Revamped Command, removed all binaries (now reside in SDK Tools installations entirely)
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...621#post787621