Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shuchia is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Unanswered: Sencha production build errors out with failure to resolve application dependencies

Unanswered: Sencha production build errors out with failure to resolve application dependencies

Hi,
    I am trying to run a sencha touch 2 production build. I changed my index.html to point from sdk/microloader/development.js to sdk/microloader/testing.js.
    If i run the sencha app build -e testing command with index.html pointing to testing.js it errors out.
    sdk/microloader/development.js
    [INFO] Resolving your application dependencies...
    [ERROR] Error thown from your application with message: TypeError: 'undefined' i
    s not a function

If i point to development.js it works fine. i thought the only difference between development and production is minifying and obsfuscation as well generating cache.manifest.
    Am i missing something? I have dependencies on a couple of javascript files which I have listed in order in app.json. Please help!!!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any warnings when running your app in the browser that says a class was loaded, consider adding it to the requires?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hi Mitchell,
    When I run with index.html pointing to microloader development.js and run it in the browser or do a build everything runs fine, I do not see any files being loaded by the Ext.Loader asynchronously in the console.
    However if I change the index.html to point to microloader testing.js or production.js then it throws out that error.
    I am not sure if I am following the right process to generate a production build. Am i Supposed to change the index.html to point to production microloader, I suppose I am.
    If not and I keep the reference to development.js and run the production build, then it does not generate the index.html with the embedded microloader.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    matdar is on a distinguished road

I'm similarly confused. Is there any documentation around the use of sdk/microloader? I used the SDK to generate an app and have the development.js in my index.html, but when I look at the help pages

http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-touch-2-b1/docs/#!/guide/building
    a
    nd
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/sencha-touch-2-b1/docs/#!/guide/native_packaging

t
    here's no mention of that file ( that I can see any how). They just show examples where

<scripttype="text/javascript"src="touch/sencha-touch-debug.js"></script>
    is directly included.

Is there any definitive documentation showing how to build for deployment to the App Store?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Basically the last steps from my build are missing

Basically the last steps from my build are missing

If I keep the reference to development.js then the production build runs fine but does not generate these last steps
    [INFO] Generated app.json
    [INFO] Embedded microloader into index.html
    [INFO] Generating checksum for appCache item: index.html
    [INFO] Generated cache.manifest

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    fousheezy is on a distinguished road

Bumping this thread because I'm having the same problem. When I point index.html to development.js everything runs as expected. When I point to production.js or testing.js I don't see anything load in the network tab after production.js nor do I see any warnings/errors.

Is there a way I can see what is going on?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    patrickgeiger is on a distinguished road

Anyone resolve this? I also looking for a solution.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    7C Dev is on a distinguished road

from what i can gather, you created your app from the command line tool, which means you should not need to modify the index.html at all, or at least you should leave the development.js script tag alone.
    this is done automatically by the
    'sencha app build package' command:
    [INFO] Embedded microloader into index.html

this means it has replaced the <script>-tag pointing to development.js with some minified embedded script in your build/production folder.
    at least in my case it works just fine like this..