Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    maikhorma is on a distinguished road

Default Architect project broken after upgrade

Architect project broken after upgrade

I opened a 283 designer beta project in architect and it prompted for upgrade. It seemingly went well, i could see my viewport and all my components (stores/controllers/models/views). When i published i realized it seems to have forgotten anything about the application. The name/settings/launch function were no longer specified, and didn't show up in app.js. Those are easy to fix, but the real problem is that it doesn't include any of my components either. For example if in architect, i add one store, the deployed app.js will include that one new store, but not my other 5 existing ones. I tried it again, and same problem, but this time i did notice a brief error " A custom config cannot override a reserved member". Do i have to create a new project from scratch now or can this be fixed?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Ok, duh, the models/stores/views are property lists of the application that I can manually update. Still having an issue with the controllers. I'm not seeing the property, but if I try and add it as a custom property, i get an error that i can't add a property that already exists. Again, creating a new controler will result in the expected behavior.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We implemented the ability to upgrade projects at version 302. Chances are you're missing an upgrade somewhere between 283 and 302 that we never implemented. We tried to keep users projects upgraded and in sync, but it was explicitly noted that there was no guarantee projects would work from beta to beta.

If you send the project to us at designer.feedback at sencha.com. We'll gladly take a look.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I was able to get the controllers included by manually editing the metadata/Application file.

Thread Participants: 1