Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Townsend is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha.io what db?

Sencha.io what db?

The more I look at Sencha the more impressed I am. For instance, the capabilities outlined in Sencha.io video are amazing. Those sync and messaging options would save me a lot of coding time.

But what db does Secha Touch and Ext JS use? MySQL? ProstgreSQL?
    Or a it's own proprietary db?

Also, in the video the John said something to the effect that for the time being, there is no cost, but eventually usage fees would be involved, depending on the application and bandwidth.

I fine with that, but does this mean that Sencha is hosting Ext JS apps?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

What database Sencha.io uses has no bearing on your application.

Yes, Sencha.io can host applications but this is just the frontend, there is no backend access, you would have to use your own remote servers.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Good-- so ExtJS will work with PostgreSQL.

I usually use the EMS SQL Management tools to model my database.
    Does Secha import the entire db schema?
    If so, what happens when I make additions or changes?

Or, can I define tables and relationships from within Secha?

Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate your help.

Newbe

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

JavaScript does not have access to a database like MySQL or PostgreSQL or MSSQL. You need a server to do that.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks Mitch-- Okay no PostgreSQL in Ext JS.

All that stuff in the Secha.io video, about user registration, groups, syncing, messaging and sharing data. I want to use all that. On the Sencha.io overview page, it says:

"As she conducts her business that week, she enters expense data into the app -- perhaps even photographs of receipts -- and whenever her device is in range of the network the app synchs all the data with the cloud through Sencha.io Data."

So data definitions are declared as objects in ExtJS, in the Data Store. Right? And are not relational. If I want to access a relational db then I need Ext GWT.

Thread Participants: 1