Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    chrisminniti is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Linking Multiple Apps

Unanswered: Linking Multiple Apps

Let's say I wanted to build an app to use to navigate to a collection of applications. Basically the user would log in, and get a home screen that would link them to multiple applications. My question is, if they added the first app to the home screen with an icon, which would make the application launch full screen, how could I link the multiple applications without including each app in the navigation app. I also don't want them to be redirected to the browser to load the new app, because it would kick them out of fullscreen mode. Hopefully I explained that decently.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You should only have one application with different views/controllers/models/stores
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    chrisminniti is on a distinguished road

2 questions then....
    If I have a panel that navigates between views using the setActiveItem method, does each item get preloaded?

And if I have multiple application views and stores like so...
    Code:
    views: ['MainPanel'],controllers: ['SafetyController'],
    models: ['SafetyModel','DiversityModel','PIModel'],    
    stores: ['SafetyStore','DiversityStore','PIStore'],
    Do these get loaded when they are sent to the screen or are they preloaded? If i'm going to have one navigation application that has 10 or more internal applications, I need to understand how to structure my app, so that all the information for every internal app isn't being loaded at one time. Otherwise it will take forever to load.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you have them in those properties then the classes will be loaded and available for you to create instances of
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1