Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    infernoz is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Automatically closing MessageBox/Showing differnt boxes based on success/error store

Answered: Automatically closing MessageBox/Showing differnt boxes based on success/error store

Hello,

I am trying to show a MessageBox at a certain point in my application, and I would like it to automatically close after a certain number of seconds whether a user pressed a button or not. How can this be done in ExtJS 4?

Here is the message box I have, was trying to work with a listener on the MessageBox but that was not working:

Code:
    Ext.Msg.show({
                   title:'ABC',
                   msg: 'DEF',
                   listeners: {
                    'afterrender': function() {

//sleep somehow for 3 seconds???
                        this.destroy();
                    }
                },
                   animateTarget: submitButton,
                   icon: Ext.Msg.INFO,
                   closable: false
               });
    Also, this message would pop up after I called a store.sync() which initiates an ajax proxy. I would like one message to be returned if the sync succeeds and a different message to pop up if there was an error. I know of the successProperty in the reader of the proxy but not sure if that will help me here.

Thanks,

infernoz

2. See if this helps:

Code:
    var mb = Ext.MessageBox.show({
         title:'Save Changes?',
         msg: 'You are closing a tab that has unsaved changes. Would you like to save your changes?',
        buttons: Ext.MessageBox.OK,
        closable: false,
        fn:function(btn) { } // singleton
    });

setTimeout(function(){
        mb.close();
    }, 2000);
    Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

See if this helps:

Code:
    var mb = Ext.MessageBox.show({
         title:'Save Changes?',
         msg: 'You are closing a tab that has unsaved changes. Would you like to save your changes?',
        buttons: Ext.MessageBox.OK,
        closable: false,
        fn:function(btn) { } // singleton
    });

setTimeout(function(){
        mb.close();
    }, 2000);
    Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    infernoz is on a distinguished road

Default Different messages depending on success of proxy call

Different messages depending on success of proxy call

Thanks Scott, works great. I did not see the setTimeout() function in the ext docs but I guess thats because it is a pure javascript functionality. I'm new to front end development in general so this assistance is greatly appreciated!

Regarding different messages, I would like to display a different type of message if my store.sync() returns a failure code, or an http 500 message gets sent back (maybe the same case, I'm not sure). How can I differentiate between these two situations and show an error message on one case, and a info message on the other?

As I mentioned earlier, I know of the successProperty in the reader of the proxy but not sure if that will help me here.

Cheers,

infernoz

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You can do can place a exception listener on your model to catch incoming errors:

Code:
    listeners: {
        exception: function(proxy, response, operation){
         // display your message
        }
    }
    If you want to add a little flare to your app, you may want to have a look at
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...t=notification

See the online demo. Nice extension for display notification windows.

Regards,
    Scott.

Thread Participants: 1