Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    waheed146 is on a distinguished road

Thanks mitchellsimoens.
    I want to grasp over views as functionality can done. i want to make veiws of the pages as i want to do. like i want to create a view page that include

First part "html"
    Second part a form for comment
    Third part should be a listView of comments.
    and it should be vbox vertical

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, that can actually be easy to setup, here is sample code

Code:
    new Ext.Container({
        fullscreen : true,
        layout     : {
            type  : 'vbox',
            align : 'stretch'
        },
        items      : [
            {
                xtype : 'component',
                html  : 'Hello'
            },
            {
                xtype : 'formpanel',
                flex  : 1,
                items : [
                    {
                        xtype : 'textfield',
                        label : 'First Name'
                    },
                    {
                        xtype : 'textfield',
                        label : 'Last Name'
                    }
                ]
            },
            {
                xtype   : 'list',
                flex    : 1,
                itemTpl : '{text}',
                store   : {
                    fields : ['text'],
                    data   : [
                        { text : 'Mitchell Rocks!' }
                    ]
                }
            }
        ]
    });
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Cacofoniks is on a distinguished road

I believe that what waheed146 means is the lack of consistency among the guides for Sencha Touch 2 which makes the learning path significantly longer: If you check the official documentation of ST2, the examples do not follow the MVC paradigm, except maybe for the "Getting started with ST2" but for the sake of brevity (I believe), examples are given where the whole application is included in the app.js file.

Unfortunately, for Sencha users who have already been developing with ST1, it tends to be the standard practice, nobody explains which part of the code to put in which file and it is understandable since this is the way that ST1 is developed. Reading documentation of other MVC frameworks out there, like Rails, they almost always mention which code to put in M, which in V and which in C.

I think that the structure of the official documentation is great, but it needs some further crafting to follow the MVC paradigm in the examples.

Thanks...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough shepsii is a jewel in the rough

I actually think Sencha should start pushing people towards using Architect as an intro to ST2. It encourages correct MVC code and new coders can see what code is generated when they add elements to the UI. Even if they then go on to use a text editor, the understanding of the correct structure and how to put together views would be there.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by shepsii View Post
    I actually think Sencha should start pushing people towards using Architect as an intro to ST2. It encourages correct MVC code and new coders can see what code is generated when they add elements to the UI. Even if they then go on to use a text editor, the understanding of the correct structure and how to put together views would be there.
    I totally agree with you and now that it's finally out I was planning on doing this mysel!

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Cacofoniks is on a distinguished road

So, what you are effectively implying is that the entry cost for learning Sencha the right way is the cost of Architect ($399), only because there are no clear instructions on which part to place the code?

This would be a reason for not even start learning it....Maybe start pushing the experienced users to follow the MVC paradigm and make the code more clear to read and understand...

Vote Rating

It's a suggestion, not a requirement. We take learning Sencha Touch 2 very seriously and will always admit that docs need to be improved and we will never stop improving them.