Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lgertel is on a distinguished road

Default Custom property as boolean

Custom property as boolean

Hello!

I'm trying to add a custom property as boolean, but architect always add a '' inside code.
    Ex.: Adding a property called fullscreen with value true result as fullscreen: 'true' while I want fullscreen: true

Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    apsq will become famous soon enough

This annoyed me in ExtDesigner before, but I don't think it has been fixed in Architect as the properties are still stored in JSON.

You could probably solve this with an override, though this will get tedious if you have a lot of fields like this. In my case I ran into problems with checkboxes having the inputValue "true" and unchecked value "false" submitting their value as strings rather than booleans. My solution was to fix the data prior to submit, though this is by no means the final answer.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bionicmaster is on a distinguished road

as a workaround you can edit the metadata of that view for changing property from string to boolean

Greetings

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Chances are you should not be marking a component as fullscreen: true. We already do this for the component which is marked as the initial view.

When you add a custom property, if you specify a type at definition time it will be that type.

For example
    "fullscreen: true" and then clicking Add
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    apsq will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Chances are you should not be marking a component as fullscreen: true. We already do this for the component which is marked as the initial view.

When you add a custom property, if you specify a type at definition time it will be that type.

For example
    "fullscreen: true" and then clicking Add
    Seeing how @bionicmaster suggests the type is actually stored in the metadata: any plans on allowing us to specify the type explicitly, possibly via context menu?