Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    TDeBailleul is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Validating data coming from a server

Answered: Validating data coming from a server

I have a store that loads data through a ajax proxy. What I would like to do is to check the data (like the value of an attribute) before the store loads.

I have already tried to do it with the 'before load' event of a store, but somehow when I try to get the records from there with operation.getRecords(); it gives me an empty array..

I know there is some validation system in Sencha Touch but it does not seem to include data coming from a server

Does anyone have a solution for this ?

Thanks

2. If you want to validate the data before it makes it into the store then you need to hook into the reader to validate the data before the reader gives it up to the proxy.

The beforeload event of the store fires before the store sends the request.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to validate the data before it makes it into the store then you need to hook into the reader to validate the data before the reader gives it up to the proxy.

The beforeload event of the store fires before the store sends the request.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Could you please be more specific about "to hook into the reader" ? I don't really know what it means.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TDeBailleul View Post
    Could you please be more specific about "to hook into the reader" ? I don't really know what it means.
    You can extend the reader (json or xml...) and then validate the data in getResponseData (the method that decodes the response to JavaScript).

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Ok, I've tried this but it doesn't seem to work, any idea why ?

Code:
    reader: {
            rootProperty: 'data',
            getResponseData: function(response){
              console.log(response);
              return response;
            }
          }

Answers
    Vote Rating

Because you can't override methods when creating an instance. You will need to extend the reader or make an override as I have said.

Thread Participants: 1