Hybrid View

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ttbgwt is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: infinite editing grid

Unanswered: infinite editing grid

I have an infinite grid and enable cell editing and allow user to change cell values and then click a save button when they are ready to persist the changes. This works ok if they click that save button before they scroll and page to another page.

How can I save their unsaved changes when those edited rows scroll off the screen, so that when they eventually do click save, all of their edits will be persisted?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

You might have to create something using store.beforeprefetch to save any changed before the next fetch.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    adavis2 is on a distinguished road

Is there some documentation which discusses this issue? I am having the same problem, but this is the first time I have seen it mentioned. I would like to use some of the more advanced Ext JS features, but there is a lot more trial and error involved than I would like. Is there an information source that I'm missing which could save me some time?

Touch Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light Farish is a glorious beacon of light

The store only contains the records which are currently in view and when you scroll the grid, new records replace the existing ones. Hence any changes made in the previous set of records is lost. the easy way would be to sync the store before loading new records.

you can take a look at the API Docs and the examples. that might help. Also, reading comments left by users (if available) in the API Docs helps to know of bugs or some tricks.