Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    SuperRoo is on a distinguished road

Default question on controllers

question on controllers

Hi,
    am going through the doco on controllers & having some conceptual difficulties (with respect to Architect) & hope someone can sort me out.
    1. I am looking at have a separate controller to handle a particular view..is this the correct procedure?
    2. The only way a controller is connected to a control or view is on the "controlQuery" property? (i.e vwLogin cmdLogin...listens to a button called cmdLogin on a view called vwLogin)
    3. What's the difference between adding a view to the Application object or the Controller object?
    That'll do for a start.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stewardsencha is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by bharatn View Post
    Adding views to controller is deprecated.
    Huh? SA or in extJS? First I heard of this. We just got started with MVC ?!!

@superRoo. I am no expert but I feel your confusion. Once you try a few pages it sorts itself out. If logic can be encapsulated/handled within a view, it makes sense to leave it there. I found myself writing extra code to create refs and handle events for a view which was more logically self-contained, and really needed to surface only a few configs and one event to the controller.

There is no one-size-fits-all answer. Code like crazy, then step back and put on your software engineering hat. It becomes self-evident according to your needs...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

I have removed the comment on views in controllers until i get further clarification.
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    SuperRoo is on a distinguished road

thanks for all your advice guys...I'm using Touch & want to make sure the design is OK.

your comments and links have helped.

Thread Participants: 2