Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-1972 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eggp is on a distinguished road

Default GXT3 RowNumberer extremely slows down grid rendering

GXT3 RowNumberer extremely slows down grid rendering

Test case:

I was filling app the grid with 600 rows. The first column is a RowNumberer.
    The rendering got stuck for about 30 sec.

When removed the RowNumberer, the rendering fast again.

Speed tracer showed that Timer fireing took the major part of the waiting.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

As per the bug template, can you share the code you used for establishing this result? And can you confirm that you are running this in web mode, not hosted mode?

Using the http://sencha.com/examples-dev/#Exam...ownumberergrid example, I replaced the addAll using the items in test data, and added 1000 items in a for loop:

Code:
        ListStore<Stock> store = new ListStore<Stock>(props.key());
        store.addAll(TestData.getStocks());
    became
    Code:
        ListStore<Stock> store = new ListStore<Stock>(props.key());
        for (int i = 0; i < 1000; i ++) {
          store.add(new Stock("Stock #" + i, "stock_" + i, 0, 0, new Date()));
        }
    yet even in dev mode this took less than 10 seconds to run. In hosted mode, I profiled it in Chrome's inspector (not speed tracer, but still able to give some basic details) at about 2 seconds - in fairness, my machine is fairly snappy, but I doubt it is 500 times faster than any test device you could be working with.

So this leads me to the conclusion that your sample is significantly different than mine, and without seeing your code and use case, we won't know why that is...

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Okay, I found it - clicking the 'Remove a Row' button yields a very slow remove - about 15 seconds on my machine. Profiling this points to the timer going off and updating each row - but this isn't the problem itself, it just calls another func (GridView.getRows()) that actually is the problem. Your example almost certainly ran into this by adding items to the store _after_ the grid was created, as opposed to most of the examples we have built at this time.

Thanks for the report, and next time please post a full working example of the issue so we can fix it faster without having to reproduce the specific conditions.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eggp is on a distinguished road

Default Test class

Test class

I attach test class with model class... and speedtrace test result (https://developers.google.com/web-toolkit/speedtracer/, open result => https://groups.google.com/group/spee...70eb31dfec6e1a)

gxt3gridwith626row.zip

thanks.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating

We've made some changes in SVN, and my sample is now working as expected. These will be available in the next release.

Please let us know as you find other performance issues, and make sure to demonstrate how the issue occurs so we can easily reproduce it.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

The fix for this bug has been included in the public release of Sencha GXT 3.0.0. Please try your test case again with this release. Although we're confident that this issue has been resolved, please reply here (or start a new bug thread linking to this one) if you continue to notice issues.

Thread Participants: 2