Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Default mvc = never heard of it

mvc = never heard of it

So frustrating that the forum search ignores anything three characters or less, when "mvc" has to be one of the most useful search terms...

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking into many modifications and search is at the top of the list.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Möhre will become famous soon enough

mvc = never heard of it
    Where have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    So frustrating that the forum search ignores anything three characters or less, when "mvc" has to be one of the most useful search terms...
    Use google: "mvc site:http://www.sencha.com/forum/"

Vote Rating

I do use google, but as I've mentioned here before, Sencha really shoots itself in the foot a couple of different ways on that (well, shoots it's customers in the feet). First, it doesn't put the forum name in the title. This makes it impossible to limit it to just one group using intitle:. Second, it... hey, they've fixed the second problem by getting rid of the "suggested threads" box at the bottom of threads! I didn't notice when it went missing. This was a big problem, since you couldn't use intitle:, you'd put something like "Sencha Touch 2.x: Discussion" as part of the search. But then it'd wind up matching that text in the suggested threads box, which meant a thread posted in the Ext forum would match because a suggested thread for it was in the 2.x forum.

Definitely more useful than it was. Though really, it's always a bit of a site failure when you have to abandon the search and use google. But thanks for getting me to take a second look.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I know it's annoying, the timeout and minimum characters or even using google. We have a prototype working that will search and so far it is looking really great. We aren't just creating any search engine but are trying to do it right like a requirement we had is this search engine had to search support portal tickets and forum threads and be selectable to do one or both.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Vote Rating

Definitely looking forward to it, Mitchell.

If it's not already part of the spec and you folks are interested, I find it highly useful to be able to search for a string(s) in the title at the same time as searching for another string(s) in the body. Similar to using google's intitle: while also putting in some search terms. Makes it easy to say "hmm, I'm looking for some threads that are primarily about toolbars, but where they also try to use a textfield on them." So I search for "toolbar" in title and "textfield" in body. This definitely helps narrow down the results I have to dig through if I were to just have to search for both those terms in the body.

Vote Rating

So something like

container intitle:layout

And that would search for 'container' in the body and 'layout' in the title? I will have to look to see what the possibilities are for things like this to see what we can do or are able to do.

Vote Rating

Yep, exactly! That'd mimic the google syntax which might make it a bit easier for people to learn. Even with some other improvements to the search, I'd still probably wind up having to go to google to help with that sort of thing. The problem is that, especially as the years go by and messages build up, there's just so many results to try to narrow it down to a useful amount. It's especially a problem with programming, as things like "toolbar" crop up EVERYWHERE. I always try to put as many pertinent keywords in the titles of my messages to help with this sort of search.

Vote Rating

Ok. I have added a story for this to make sure we can do it when we do open this up to the public. Thank you for the suggestion, I can see how beneficial this could be.

Vote Rating

Thanks for listening and responding.

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar