Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rsringeri is on a distinguished road

Default How do you add requires section in Architect 2

How do you add requires section in Architect 2

I can't seem to find a way to add the requires section to my app from Architect 2.

Any pointer highly appreciated.
    thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If you need to dynamically load additional classes, you can add a loader config to the application node and then configure the require on the Loader.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    trak is on a distinguished road

The loader doesn't have any require option. Could you be more clear on how to add the require to the loader? Looking at the docs, the require is a method of Loader not a Property, and Sencha Architect doesn't let you add method calls to the loader config. Does it have to be done inside a function on the application?

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

Any answer/success with this? I need to add a requires section as well and I'm not seeing a clear path.

Aaron, your explanation includes terminology that does not appear to be available via Architect.

Thanks
    JB

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stewardsencha is on a distinguished road

Oh help.

My understanding of "requires" is that it is only used during development, that the process of deployment (jsb3) resolves all the "requires". Sorta like compiling. You deploy the finished app.js --and it won't be loading anything dynamically, it will already have the required classes packaged in.

The api just says "List of classes that have to be loaded before instantiating this class." Which defines the word (requires=has to be loaded first) but doesn't elaborate. The "getting started" guide and miscellaneous forum posts led me to the conclusion above.

It simply makes sense to me, so I have been doing it. If nothing else, it helps documents the class.

I set my loader paths dynamically. I don't have a static html page for my app, I am using a php cms system with those insane seo friendy urls to nowhere. I got tired of extjs thinking it has a different webroot, so I used window.location to get the url, then backed up until I hit the root, then prepended the appropriate number of "../" to all loader config paths.

I supply an additional js file before the app. That has my loader config. And that is where I have been stuffing any requires.

Now maybe SA is going to step in with an alternate deployment chain so "requires" won't be necessary?

My own answer doesn't make sense to me. A large app needs to load controllers dynamically, and those controllers are going to have a ton of dependencies.

If only I knew what it is I don't know, I could make some decisions and move forward !

But I don't know how to translate what I have into SA unless I just drop all the requires.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice

I'm currently testing an applicartion with dynamic class loading instead of having large monolitic app-all.js.

Of course what I deploy to app server is compressed (with yuicompressor) js files.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

The ability to add custom requires to the application is coming soon!
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eoliphan is on a distinguished road

Umm, how then should one handle application 'globals' (e.g. base URL's for stores, etc) in Architect if we can't create a ..Config class and require it?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    invalidoyt is on a distinguished road

You can use the "launch" function to define globals. This is how I do:

Code:
    launch: function() {
            Admin.global = {
                HOME_CARD: 0,
                TOURS_CARD: 1,
                HOTELS_CARD: 2,
            };
        }

Vote Rating
    svenna has a spectacular aura about svenna has a spectacular aura about

In SourceDevCon in London I think Aaron or some of the other speakers added to the requires list of the application as part of his Sencha Architect talk, however I can't really find that option in the public 412 build.

Specifically I want to require the device.* as shown on the screen.
    Sven Tore Iversen