Ext JS Premium Member jvandemerwe's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jvandemerwe is on a distinguished road

Default No Ext JS 3 support in Sencha Architect, let's get back to Designer 2.0 Beta

No Ext JS 3 support in Sencha Architect, let's get back to Designer 2.0 Beta

In Sencha Architect you can't make designs for Ext JS 3 anymore. This is understandible, but not nice. I have still a lot of legacy that sometimes needs to be extended. I know that upgrading it to Ext JS 4 would be much better, but since my customer doesn't want to invest in it now, nothing remains than stay in Ext JS 3 (with this customer that is).

But as Architect doesn't support Ext JS 3 anymore, I thought I install Sencha Designer 2.0 Beta again. This works fine, except I can't register anymore. After entering my credentials, it keeps on running around in accepting the terms and conditions and asking for my credentials.

How to act when you have bought Architect and still need Ext JS 3 functionality? Will Sencha drop Designer 2.0 for Architect? After using Designer so intensively, I feel a bit lost without it.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Sencha Designer 2.0 Beta did not support Ext JS 3 either.

For users of Sencha Architect 2.0 that require Ext 3 support, we will gladly generate you a license for Ext Designer 1.2.x.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Default Aaron, you are right

Aaron, you are right

You're right about that. I have digged up a version 1 and reinstalled it again, next to the Architect. That will do. Thank you for your reply.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heilen is on a distinguished road

Default Ext Designer license and download?

Ext Designer license and download?

Hi! I'm running a similar problem.

We have an Ext Designer license and developed and app using it, we now want to migrate to Ext4 and bought the upgrade to Sencha Architect, in order to rewrite the app we want to use simultaneously Ext Designer and Sencha Architect (so that we can see what we have in one and replicate the design in the later).

Is there anyway you can provide me with the download link for Ext Designer? (I guess I have the original license lying around in my email)

Thanks!

Heilen

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Stuart-SwarmOnline will become famous soon enough Stuart-SwarmOnline will become famous soon enough

I'd like to bump this thread as I'm looking for a download link for Ext Designer 1.2 as I've just moved to a new computer so need to reinstall it...

Thanks
    Stuart

Vote Rating

Great, thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heilen is on a distinguished road

thanks!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elentirmo is on a distinguished road

Can you also provide download links for version 1.1? There are some bugs in 1.2 that prevent me from upgrading.