Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DonRul is on a distinguished road

Default What is AutoComplete Supposed to Do?

What is AutoComplete Supposed to Do?

I have an Ext.field.Select field that i've bound to a store. It is functioning fine as a drop-down but I would like it to function as an Autocomplete. Checking the Autocomplete box does not seem to change the function at all.

The documentation says that it set's the DOM autocomplete attribute to on but I don't know what the implications of this are considering that typing in the text area launches a select popup.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

Hope this helps. It is used for prefilling previously entered values.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps...lete-attribute
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    DonRul is on a distinguished road

Thanks, I found that but I can't figure out how it makes sense in the context of a Select control. When you type in the text box for the select a popup provides the list to select from. If you refresh the list it does not return (autocomplete) to the previously selected item.

I am suspecting that autocomplete is just inherited and isn't really useful for a select but maybe there is a way to configure the select to make it useful.

What I would expect AutoComplete to mean for a Select control is that an empty text box is provided and as you type a drop-down list gives you a filtered set of records from a store that match what you have typed in some way.

I see lots of comments about providing real AutoComplete functionality but haven't found a working sample. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Participants: 1