Vote Rating
    SabaSarwat is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How can I retrieve the same scroller position on grid after refresh or reload event

Unanswered: How can I retrieve the same scroller position on grid after refresh or reload event

Hi all,

I have an infinite-scroller grid, which has new bunch of data after every 10 seconds. If the user is looking at some rows at this grid, it will lost the previous position when new chunk of data will arrive (whether it adds on the top of the grid or on the bottom, mostly it adds on the top, based on the sorting applied on the grid). Now I want to retain the previous position of the grid after the reload, i tried using the scrollByDeltaY() method of grid after refresh event, to take the scroller back to the original position but it did not show me the same rows on that position. I can not also save the row index etc as the rows are not selectable. I only want to achieve it for vertical scroll.

Is there any way of achieving it? I have tried so long but did not get any success. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Saba

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get the offset of the record before and the also after and use the new offset.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    slan is on a distinguished road

mitchellsimoens,
    I have the same problem, can you write example?