Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jhamlin is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Timing of the application onUpdated and launch functions

Answered: Timing of the application onUpdated and launch functions

When does the onUpdated() function get called? Is it always prior to or after the launch() function, or does it happen asynchronously?

The reason I ask is because I have a time consuming process that I would like to kick off when the application has finished loading (but not run it if the application has been updated and the user agrees to reload the page). Any suggestions on how to best handle this scenario?

2. There is no order really. 99.9% of the time it should execute after launch but they are separate of each other. onUpdated is async based on the check of new delta updates.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There is no order really. 99.9% of the time it should execute after launch but they are separate of each other. onUpdated is async based on the check of new delta updates.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1