Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mdhf12 is on a distinguished road

Default Totally agree. Please provide more examples and product-specific tutorials

Totally agree. Please provide more examples and product-specific tutorials

I've developed in C, C++, C# for years, including some ASP.NET MVC, and I also find that your documentation is crazy-confusing. Half the time it's referencing Ext JS, which is apparently different from Sencha Touch. So I'm pulling my non-existent hair out looking for a new component. And if I try to modify a code file, architect blows away all my changes. I'm really confused.

The City Bars tutorial was the best I've found, but even that took a lot of struggle to get through. Why are we adding a Container? How is that different from a component? Which thing gets the template? Why are some things named dataList and others datalist? I'm sure some of this is to show flexibility, but right now, I want to get a simple app working. An extension to Hello World that just captures my user's name, and if they have a cat or dog. If they have a cat, show a form to input their cat's name...and a button to send it home to a database. If they have a dog, show a "dog form" that lets me submit that, and display a confirmation screen "Thanks, Ben! I see you have a dog named Fluffy."

-Ben

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    eyepoker is on a distinguished road

as with the previous posters I'm looking for docs too.... the Architect interface is completely foreign - examples that speak to it assume that us Architect novices know how to use the ui, and we (I) don't have the slightest idea. Layout, ok, not hard.... but wiring everything up.... damn near impossible.

A sample project is useless - I don't know how Sencha expects new users to understand a bunch of files - you're presenting the final result outside of the Architect experience.

In the meantime I'll continue searching the internet for an answer to a simple question i have.... adding to the host of hours fruitlessly spent on it already...

Vote Rating
    BillySao is on a distinguished road

I feel that "Sencha Architect 2" promises a lot, I saw that they have very good amount of components and functionality but there are cases when one is lost for lack of documentation on the newer versions, then you can spend hours trying to fix something as simple as adding a plugin (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...(Ext-Js-4.2.x)) and the worst is the impotence of not finding someone to guide you with new documentation, I will continue studying in Sencha Architect 2 I liked but please try to improve the forums and documentation with examples mainly very elaborate and detailed as this example: http://docs.sencha.com/architect/2/#!/guide/first_desktop_app
    For beginners who are learning to operate the tool.
    BillySao
    Developer and Analyst

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team