Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-6055 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    RostY is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJS 4.1 does not work in iframe in IE

ExtJS 4.1 does not work in iframe in IE

Here's a simple HTML which does not work. It should display Portal demo in iframe. Works well in Firefox and Chrome. Does not work in IE8.
    It was working with previous public release (4.0.7). Does not work with ExtJS 4.1.
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html><head></head><body><iframe  frameborder="0" height="2000px" id="itarget" name="itarget" scrolling="auto" src="http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.0-gpl/examples/portal/portal.html" title="Content" width="100%"></iframe></body></html>
    Here's what I get in IE8:
    IE8Ext41iframeerror.jpg

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the report.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mattgoldspink is on a distinguished road

+1 - is there any chance this will be fixed for 4.1.1?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Default Loader problem (?)

Loader problem (?)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    thanks for the report.
    Looks like the Ext loader has a problem when placed in a frame (IE8).

Has this been fixed for 4.1.1 ?

I can see the title says OPEN, but sometimes fixed bugs are still marked as open, here's an example.

*** EDIT 6/21/12
    I recreated this problem using 4.1.1 RC2. This bug occurs only for iframes, works fine in a regular frame.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Apologies for the incorrect status on this thread. This bug and its friend EXTJSIV-6319 are both marked as fixed in 4.1.1 RC2. If you find otherwise, please let us know.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-Now-Available

Bugs Fixed
    Core (11)
    • EXTJSIV-5767 - return false from beforerender throws exception
    • EXTJSIV-5944 - Ext.onReady with delay option hangs up a browser
    • EXTJSIV-6055 - onReady does not work in an iframe in IE8 when parent is a different domain
    • EXTJSIV-6056 - Problems with Component previousNode
    • EXTJSIV-6124 - Loader calls Ext globalEval with code that breaks when IE cc_on
    • EXTJSIV-6137 - Element slideIn tr anchor doesn't work as expected.
    • EXTJSIV-6185 - getPosition on floating Components with parent Container always returns container-relative position
    • EXTJSIV-6196 - calling showAt on a component does not fire the 'show' event.
    • EXTJSIV-6199 - DomQuery fails with dots in the element id
    • EXTJSIV-6273 - EventManager does not return listener response
    • EXTJSIV-6319 - Ext.onReady sometimes fails in an iframe in IE when parent is in a different domain
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by LesJ View Post
    *** EDIT 6/21/12
    I recreated this problem using 4.1.1 RC2. This bug occurs only for iframes, works fine in a regular frame.
    Can you retest your example with 4.1.1 GA?

We use iframes in IE in the Page Analyzer, so the problem is likely specific to certain configuration of iframe and parent. The bug report descriptions were updated to include what we believed was the root of the problem: different domains.

I will try the OP example and see what I see.
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

Revised for 4.1.1, that would be

PHP Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <
    html>
       <
    head></head>
       <
    body>
          <
    iframe frameborder="0" height="2000px" id="itarget" name="itarget" 

scrolling="auto" title="Content" width="100%"

src="http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.1.1-gpl/examples/portal/portal.html"

></iframe>
       </
    body>
    </
    html
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Vote Rating

OK, so first off there is an issue with the posted examples. They are still 4.1.0

The page I just posted won't load because the 4.1.1 examples aren't there.

Switch gears for a bit to fix that...
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nosferatum is on a distinguished road

Default What should i do to fix it?

What should i do to fix it?

Stuck to exactly same error.
    From the thread, I still not understand, what I should do to fix the issue. Should I update to some release or RC version? To which exactly?