Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Vote Rating
    intellix will become famous soon enough

Default 2.0.1 and HTC Sensation ICS 4.0.3 - Barely works?

2.0.1 and HTC Sensation ICS 4.0.3 - Barely works?

Hey, just attempting to use my app on my ICS phone and it doesn't seem to work at all.

Phone: HTC Sensation
    HTC Sense: 3.6
    Android: 4.0.3
    Software number: 3.32.401.5
    Probably more important, browser version: WebKit/534.30

Got a bunch of other devices which are HTC Sensation XL and Samsung Galaxy SII (2.4.3) which both seem to work fine. Hell, even the blackberry bold seems to work
    Making a pretty hefty mobile website for work and going to be supplied with around 20 different phones for testing so you'll probably hear quite a bit from me in the coming weeks.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Can you be more descriptive with what doesn't work? Is it a widget? Interactions?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Sorry, I got sidetracked and forgot to write more.

It's pretty much the scrolling of the whole page. If you select say a Datepicker field you're not able to scroll through it. You can only tap the dates to move down the list.

When you're on a page that's too long you're not able to tap and drag like you can on the other Android/iPhone's

Also it doesn't open up at the bottom of the screen like in the other versons, it seems more like a tooltip, let me get a screenshot (I believe it's attached)
    Attached Images

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

O boy, I bet I know what this one is... Can you go to http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ on that device and paste in the string it returns.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Vote Rating

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome 11.0.696.34 Safari/534.24

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

The problem is because HTC keeps sending fake User Agent strings, it becomes extremely difficult for us to pinpoint what device we are on. It looks like we're detecting this device as Desktop device and therefore the interface is breaking.

Can you alert out Ext.os.is.Android and Ext.os.is.Disktop

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Vote Rating

just looking through my mobile and it seems like 'View desktop version' was enabled by default I believe? Unticked it and it all seems to be fine. I guess there would be no way to get around anything with the user-agent having nothing to do with a mobile

Vote Rating

We're looking into other says of detecting Android. We might be able to use the processor (ARM) as a fallback, but it's quite difficult at times.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by intellix View Post
    just looking through my mobile and it seems like 'View desktop version' was enabled by default I believe? Unticked it and it all seems to be fine. I guess there would be no way to get around anything with the user-agent having nothing to do with a mobile
    What is the user agent when View desktop version is disabled?

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Thread Participants: 2