Vote Rating
    Shawn.in.Tokyo is on a distinguished road

Default GWT compile failed -why?

GWT compile failed -why?

Hi,

What might the error below be telling me? Is it my improper usage of GXT? Might there be an bug someplace in gxt3 rc2? I see no errors in eclipse but when I try to compile the project, it fails.

Code:
      Assimilating generated source
             Generated source files...
                com.sencha.gxt.theme.base.client.statusproxy.StatusProxyBaseAppearance_StatusProxyTemplates_template_SafeHtml__StatusProxyStyle_style___SafeHtmlTemplatesImpl
          Adding '1' new generated units
             Added 1 units to persistent cache.
             Validating newly compiled units
             Removing invalidated units
       [ERROR] Cannot proceed due to previous errors
    Shutting down PersistentUnitCache thread
    I can't see what the "previous error" is.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

I've never seen the message "Assimilating generated source" before - can you share the full build log and how you are building? Your .gwt.xml file might also prove informative.

As an example, the build log looks like this for the Test module in the examples project:

Code:
    Compiling module com.sencha.gxt.examples.test.Test
       Validating newly compiled units
          Ignored 69 units with compilation errors in first pass.
    Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.
       Compiling 6 permutations
          Compiling permutation 0...
          Compiling permutation 1...
          Compiling permutation 2...
          Compiling permutation 3...
          Compiling permutation 4...
          Compiling permutation 5...
       Compile of permutations succeeded
    Linking into /redacted/com.sencha.gxt/com.sencha.gxt.examples/target/gxt-examples-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/test
       Link succeeded
       Compilation succeeded -- 79.550s
    Some errors occurred in this setup, and more information can be obtained (as the message indicates) through additional flags. However, for this sample, these were non-fatal errors as no other code depended on them.

I'd guess from the messages in your log snippet that some other library is being used to generate sources for GWT that isn't part of GWT or GXT, but without more information it would be hard to say.

Vote Rating
    Shawn.in.Tokyo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your help. It's ok now.

It turns out that in refactoring some models to upgrade to GXT3 I introduced some errors that eclipse didn't flag but that choked the GWT compiler.

FWIW, the errors were an enum that the GWT compiler said wasn't visible and not having proper encapsulation (getters, setters) on some beans I'd redone after removing beanModel.

I set the compile log level to SPAM and text searched the log for "errors" since it is way to verbose to read through.

Thanks again,

Shawn

Thread Participants: 1