Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scottd is on a distinguished road

Default Cannot set xtype of main container (Win7 / Touch)

Cannot set xtype of main container (Win7 / Touch)

My primary view is a panel. There's no way for me to set the xtype of this panel within Architect. I can set a userAlias, but not xtype.

The examples that I've seen tell you to use an xtype in the control / refs block when setting up events in a controller, but I can't reference the xtype of my main container without hand-editing it, which means it would be overwritten on the next save.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Are you talking about configuring your refs? Turn on advanced mode at the top right and you can put in your xtype.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

No, I'm talking about assigning an xtype to my main view, which has 'initalView' checked.

In the "No XType" screenshot below, you can see that I have selected the Panel and have enabled the advanced tab. There is no entry for XType anywhere that I can find in the Config UI.
    Attached Images

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Seriously, xtype is not present anywhere in the Ext.Container Config panel. Please add it.

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

Scott, userAlias serves the same purpose. Give that a shot.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I'll try it; however, the Touch documentation tells us to use 'xtype', not 'userAlias'. I'd like for the tool to reflect the best practices of the framework.

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

Preaching to the choir.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    zipora is on a distinguished road

i face this problem too, have you find what shold do to find the xtype property?
    userAlias not helping me.....

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by zipora View Post
    i face this problem too, have you find what shold do to find the xtype property?
    userAlias not helping me.....
    Please start a new thread with further details about what you are trying to do.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team