Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pinidbest has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Default Understand the diffrece between extjs and touch

Understand the diffrece between extjs and touch

Hi. I written Lots of code using ExtJS 4.0.7 these days
    If I want my apps to run on mobiles as well how difficult is it to move to sencha touch?
    What are the diffrences?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't too much difference. You use the config object quite a bit and there are some syntax differences but the feel of the two is very similar.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    julio.batista will become famous soon enough

Default Differences between ExtJS and Sencha Touch

Differences between ExtJS and Sencha Touch

Hi,

Why ExtJS and Sencha Touch have different cores?
    An example is the getHtml method defined in Ext.dom.Element.

ExtJS
    el.getHTML(); // I guess it's wrong, in the guides (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!/guide/class_system) is written: use getHtml instead of getHTML

Sencha Touch
    el.getHtml(); // I guess it's right

Thanks
    --
    Júlio César Batista - blog - twitter
    Web Developer

Touch Premium Member suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz has a spectacular aura about suzuki1100nz has a spectacular aura about suzuki1100nz has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

There are a lot of differences, that depending on the complexity of your application can result in a lot of rework to translate it into the Touch framework. So much so in fact some community members have simply massaged their ExtJS apps to run on tablets (primarily for use on the tablet - not mobile as this requires a completely different UI interaction with the reduced screen real estate).

Some differences that essentially have stopped us using shared UI code between Touch and ExtJS:
    (some simple stuff we fixed with overrides and im sure Sencha will address in the future)

- Config object is the big difference with generated setters and getters at run-time in Touch
    For us to use shared code between the frameworks we had to ensure we used setters and getters and added the accessors via our extensions to the ExtJS framework

- element access in ExtJS - el and getEl no such thing in touch, touch has element
    Create an override and add the function getEl() to touch and problem solved with shared code

- Obviously ui components in Touch are lightweight-"ish" and don't have the bloat like ExtJS

- No layout managers in touch (doLayout() doesn't exist. Touch layouts are simple vbox, hbox... and are handled by CSS3 not javascript. As a result its faster

- We hit a difference in model and data store behavior between the 2 frameworks where Touch considers any model object with the same id or idProperty as essentially the same object and will update any datastore that has that object in it with a page load - Not so with ExtJS

- A lot of missing features in touch with components that you get with ExtJS- Component validation (vtype), errors.....

- Missing key components. Grid (Yes there is a ux for this but it should be rolled into the framework) We use grids in our Mobile and tablets apps...

Ultimately Touch is very similar to ExtJS and you should understand it very quickly and get a feeling for some of the differences.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar