Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Meirl is on a distinguished road

Default Packaging for iTune as "Universal"

Packaging for iTune as "Universal"

Is Sencha Architecht alows for packaging and uploading to Apples' iTunes as a "univeral" App?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Moving to SDK Tools.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Meirl is on a distinguished road

Default Ability of Senca Architect to create a Universal IOS app

Ability of Senca Architect to create a Universal IOS app

Can someone help me with this please? Someone from the Sencha team perhaps?

Aaron, I think my question may belong to the Sencha Architect forum after all. I was not clear enough with my question, my apologies for this.

I am aware to the fact that the 'Sencha Touch 2 Native Packaging for iOS' tool does allow for packaging for a Universal app, it has a property "deviceType" that specifies the device type the application is targeted for and does accept "Universal".

My question relates to how this should be dealt with inside a Sencha Architect project when one want to create an App that will be recognized in the Apple system as a 'Universal'.

In xCode, when a Universal project is worked on, it is necessary to create different Page Views for iPad and iPhone in the same project. Now, if I want to create in Sencha Architect a project that will latter on translate into a iTune Universal App, the project should include too views both for iPad and iPhone (different canvas sizes). Now the question is how this is done in a way that when the 'Sencha Touch 2 Native Packaging for iOS' tool will do its thing, it will result in a Universal iTune App.

I think that the ability of Sencha Architect to smoothly create Apps for the various smart phones (including 'Universal') is not just important to me personally but relates directly to the future growth prospects of the Sencha venture as a whole. As I see it, a large market chunk for Sencha Architect will come from guys like me, App publishers which are looking for an efficient and simple way to deal with the variety of smart phones and tablets out there. The ability to deal with creating a 'Universal' app for the iTune Appstore is an important feature on the way to winning in this market.

As the owner of an established book and web publishing business i've decided recently to venture into the smatphone apps market. We are now in the process of creating an IOS App (first of many to come), it is currently created in xCode (I wish I knew about Sencha Architect before starting this). Anyway, Sencha Architect looks like the perfect tool for us, but I need to know that I can create universal apps with it, as all my future Apps need to be Universal.

Thread Participants: 1