Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    strimp099 is on a distinguished road

Default Conditional Sort Direction in GroupingStore

Conditional Sort Direction in GroupingStore

Greetings,

I have a GroupingStore first grouped by field Alpha. Alpha contains one of two string values: A or B. Within each of these two groups (A and B), there are records to be sorted by a second field Beta. Beta contains numerical data.

I'd like to do a conditional sort so that the records in group A are sorted in ascending order and the fields in group B are sorted in descending order (see table example below).

Alpha Beta
    A
    B

I've looked through the DOM of the rendered GroupingStore as well as the documentation and there of course are properties that give me the string name of the sort field (Beta), but I've yet to find a way to access the actual string value of the given group to write a conditional statement that sets the sort order of the records within that group.

Any thoughts on how to conditionally change the direction of the sort based on the group?

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

One thought is to return the in the preferred secondary sort order from the server to get this to work.

Regards,
    Scott.

Thread Participants: 1