Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bpulliese is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Architect 2 problem with proxy

Sencha Architect 2 problem with proxy

I installed Sencha 2 Architect and am unable to get past the software registration screen. I'm behind a proxy and have manually entered the correct details. I know they are correct because installing Titanium Studio worked without a hitch. Where to now?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mindjob is on a distinguished road

Same story here too. Please help. Using windows version.

Vote Rating
    cribellum is on a distinguished road

I followed the instructions from
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?177700-Unable-to-establish-internet-connection-to-begin-software-registration.

it's still not working! No matter what environment:

- Ubuntu 10.04 without proxy
    - Windows 2008 Server with proxy
    - Windows 2008 Server without proxy

What to do?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We had a server outage this morning. Could you please try again and see if this is still an issue for you?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    cribellum is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I got past the registration screen now (in an environment without proxy).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Lampei is on a distinguished road

I've been getting this same error this morning. Same issues or is something else going on with my setup?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I checked and the servers are up and running.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Lampei is on a distinguished road

But doesn't seem to be working for those outside of your network (saw another user having the same issues on Friday)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gorgon is on a distinguished road

Default Unable to get to account login screen.

Unable to get to account login screen.

This does not appear to be an issue with Sencha server availability, at least in my case when trying to activate a new copy of Sencha Architect 2 (build 442)

1. On a Windows XP system located on a network behind a proxy firewall, attempting to startup Sencha Architect 2 (build 442) for the first time always fails with the message

"Unable to establish internet connection to begin software registration"

Simultaneous to this, on a separate XP system directly connected to the internet, initial startup works fine and the login screen is presented.

The HTTP proxy login needed in my case uses a Windows Domain formatted user ID, which is normally supplied in the form <domain>\<userid>.

I have tried various permutations within the Manual specification of the proxy screen, using both Auto Detect and Manual. In the Manual mode, I have tried using both the standard Windows format for the domain\username and password as well as UNIX format (escaping special characters with a backslash).

So, for example, for a domain of ACME, a username of jsmith, and a password of password!, if have tried the following:

ACME\jsmith password!
    ACME\\jsmith password\!

2. I have validated connection to the Sencha activation server by using the method listed in the Sencha Architect 2.x: Help & Discussions / FAQ thread (I recieved a file called connection.php with the success message):

Open this link to check if your computer is able to establish a connection with our servers. If it's working correctly, it will show something like
    {"success": true,"msg": "working"}

3. Question: Is it possible that contrary to the validation in #2, that my proxy firewall is blocking the connection to the Sencha server needed to perform the activation of the trial software? (Unfortunately, I do not have access to the firewall logs in order to answer this question.)

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

It could be possible that it's allowing for port 80 but not for SSL
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect