Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    excyberlabber is on a distinguished road

Default Login fails with Firefox 12 - Extjs 3.3.1 - FIXED

Login fails with Firefox 12 - Extjs 3.3.1 - FIXED

I submitted this to the Firefox forum, and one of the forum members suggested that it might be a bug, and that I could submit it via bugzilla. Which I did. In the ensuing discussion, one developer posted a code change, which I tried (see below). And it fixed the problem! Perhaps this can be a help to other Extjs 3 users who have the same problem.

Source File: http://hudesktopdevel.hucompute.org/...x/ext-basex.jsLine: 1010> ('timeout' in r) && (r.timeout = callback.timeout);It should be something like:options.async && ('timeout' in r) && (r.timeout = callback.timeout);

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Thank you for the info. I am sure someone will find it helpful.

Regards,
    Scott.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    excyberlabber is on a distinguished road

I first thought of this as a problem with Firefox, so I started there. We built our Extjs application specifically for Firefox and Chrome, so when suddenly one could not log in with Firefox 12, it was a real problem for our users. And the Firefox upgrade announcement said that the upgrade was urgent and should be done immediately. So most people, seeing that, would upgrade, no question.

The Mozilla developers may fix this in version 13, if there are enough affected websites. More information can be found here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/926019

or look at the bugzilla.mozilla.org exchange by searching for
    Bug 749098 - cannot log in to website with Firefox v. 12.0

But the problem can be fixed on line 1010 of /modules/basex/ext-basex.js, as noted above. Our problem was: one filled in the log in information, clicked the button to login, the window disappeared and then immediately reappeared, instead of leading to the main application window. On the server, one could see the login attempt, and the fact that it went nowhere, but there were no errors on the server. And Firebug did not show any problems, either.

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

Thank you for the additional info!

Scott.

Vote Rating
    mistik1 is on a distinguished road

Default Login fails with Firefox 12 - Extjs 3.3.1 - FIXED

Login fails with Firefox 12 - Extjs 3.3.1 - FIXED

@excyberlabber Thank you very much for chasing this one down and reporting it here.

We have run into the very same problem with Firefox and applying that fix to basex was just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks again.