Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    ddsh79 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sencha touch graph with jquery elements, default gestures not working.

Unanswered: Sencha touch graph with jquery elements, default gestures not working.

Hi, I'm new to Sencha and testing a graph application along with other jquery elements. The problem I'm facing is that once I add Sencha touch charts, it disables all the events like swipe, pinch etc. on the page. So if I am having some large content in the page, I can not scroll the page on ipad, or can not select the text. I have tried searching for the but could not have found a proper solution.
    Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you just trying to include charts into a page or do you have a ST2 app and mixing things into it?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi, Thanks for your reply!

I'm trying to add Sencha touch charts to an html page with other html elements driven by jQuery. My need right now is to add charts to the application and it should work on iPad (tablets to be specific). Actually i'm trying to make a system where charts in the presentation can be switched depending on the device it is running on. For iPad we have identified Sencha touch charts to fulfill our requirement.

I have also tried a simple demo application having only touch chart and lots of other content. There also it ceases control of default events and the page can not be scrolled or pinched, zoom etc. In future we may end up using complete Sencha touch library but for now we have to integrate this to the html page.

There must be some config setting to override this behavior which i could not find. Can you please help me on this.

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha Touch does a lot of events to normalize between different platforms. I personally have never used the touch charts with jQuery but there really isn't a config to turn off gestures.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Not to turn off gestures but to keep it to chart element only. For example I'm using "renderTo" to render the chart on a div element. Having this, Sencha turns off gestures on the body element and keeps it to the chart element only. I am using jQuery to add extra animation to the chart which I could not achieve using Sencha chart only and it has no side effect (I have tested removing jQuery).

What I need is that the default gestures should not be blocked while using using Sencha touch charts. I believe there is some "preventDefault" call added to the body (as I can see there is an id and class added to the body element once Sencha library is added). Is there any way that it does not remove the gestures even if i'm not using any other library except Sencha?

Thanks for your help.

Thread Participants: 1