Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    moin_ku07 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: YouTube embedded video iframe problem

Unanswered: YouTube embedded video iframe problem

I'm trying to show youtube video in sencha touch 2. The problem is the video chopping off on rotation changes or scrolling down to the bottom of the page.

This is the initial view in landscape.

fullplayer.jpg

If i go portrait from landscape and then landscape while a part of player is visible/showing, scrolling down only shows half of the player.
    halfplayer.jpg

halfplayer1.jpg

Here is the code:

Code:
    Ext.define('SmartSkins.view.Social',{
        extend:'Ext.Panel',
        xtype:'social',
        config:{
            layout: 'hbox',
            title:'Social Media & Helpful Viral Campaigns',
            scrollable:'vertical',
            items:[{
                flex:1,
                styleHtmlContent: true,
                html:'<div class="homeDiv"><h1>Social Media and Helpful Viral Campaigns</h1><p class="quote">"Be socially active and link to breaking news"<br>- Where were you when?</p><iframe width="90%" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2lzemboVKxA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><p>Social Media<br>Strategies<br>Publishing and Messaging Strategies<br>Construct Blog and Social Media Platform Integration<br>Write and manage compelling blogs<br>Content strategy<br>Face to face communication strategies<br>Listening strategies<br>Helpful viral campaigns<br>Target demographics review and monitor your success<br>Compelling Storytelling<br>Create YouTube channels<br>Video content</p><p class="yplayer"><a class="letsTalk" href="#letstalk"></a></p></div>'
            }]
        }
    });

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You have height set to 200 on your <iframe> don't you?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    moin_ku07 is on a distinguished road

Yes i've set height 200. I've tried fixed height, weidth also % , nothing worked.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    nix_v2 is on a distinguished road

something similar is happening to me, the video just fit the full width of the screen but not the height, i used 100% for the width and auto for the height but is not working, did you solved your problem??

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Greg Arnott is on a distinguished road

This link shows a method of applying a youtube video, with an improved method on the following.

http://training.figleaf.com/tutorial...lesson10/5.cfm

On mitchellsimoens personal blog is a response to this above technique, showing a very elegant method offering some great insights into advanced use of Sencha.