Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-2861 in a recent build.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    tom_zeng is on a distinguished road

Default Date Picker change event firing twice in ST 2.0.1

Date Picker change event firing twice in ST 2.0.1

Hi,

I Just tried to upgrade from ST 2.0.0 to ST 2.0.1, and noticed a couple of changes that break my app, one of them being the Date Picker change event now firing twice, and also firing on setValue.

ST 2.0.0
    in onBreadcrumbsDateFieldChange() date changed to: Mon Apr 30 2012 00:00:00 GMT-0400 (EDT)

ST 2.0.1
    in onBreadcrumbsDateFieldChange() date changed to: Apr 30, 2012
    in onBreadcrumbsDateFieldChange() date changed to: Mon Apr 30 2012 00:00:00 GMT-0400 (EDT)

Thanks,
    Tom Zeng
    Lead Software Architect
    Wireless Matrix

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report

Code:
    new Ext.form.Panel({
        fullscreen : true,
        items      : [
            {
                xtype     : 'datepickerfield',
                label     : 'Test',
                listeners : {
                    change : function() {
                        console.log('change fired'); //fires twice, should only be once
                    }
                }
            }
        ]
    });
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough BostonMerlin is a jewel in the rough

This is still firing twice in the latest ST build. The problem is the date value is changing from the first time it fires to the second. tried event binding at the controller and on the view, both exhibit the same bug.

the first time 'change' fires, date is short : 2012-10-06, the second time it fires, the date param is a date long: Fri Sep 07 2012 00:00:00 GMT-0400 (EDT).

can we have a workaround or an ETA on the fix? Senchas reply was back in Apri... been many months now.

Thanks,
    John

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Shaci is on a distinguished road

I have same problem((
    Event firing twice

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team rdougan's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    rdougan will become famous soon enough

This is fixed in Sencha Touch 2.1 which is soon to be released. You can get the latest RC here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/announcement.php?f=91&a=36

Thanks!
    Sencha Inc.
    Robert Dougan - @rdougan
    Sencha Touch 2 and Ext JS 4 Core Team Member, SASS/Theming Wizard.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    MonkeySleeve is on a distinguished road

Is this bug fixed cause i'm experiencing this at the moment; when i pick a new value in different slots and hit Done it will fire the change event twice with one short result and one long date result. If i don't pick any new value and simply click Done it will only fire once and print the long date result.