This duplicates another bug already reported in our system: EXTJS-6101
    Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Default Grouping with startCollapsed doesn't allow to expand a group using its expand method

Grouping with startCollapsed doesn't allow to expand a group using its expand method

Hello ExtJS team,

Apologize for the lack of the details, but I hope the problem is obvious.

Please let me know if you need any more details.

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.1.0
    Description:
    • The expand method doesn't expand a group if the Grouping feature is configured with
      Code:
      startCollapsed : true
      because it checks
      Code:
      if (me.collapsedState[groupName])
      which is initially undefined for all groups undepending on startCollapsed.
    I've worked around the problem calling the collapseAll initially which set up
    Code:
    me.collapsedState[groupName]
    to true for all groups.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I actually ran into this last week when creating expand all button but forgot about it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member skullbooks's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    skullbooks is on a distinguished road

I also ran into this right now.

After a little testing i did a Ext.override that fixes the missing/wrong initialized collapsedState when startCollapsed is set.

Here is my code and it works fine so far in both cases manually expand by click and expand by calling expand.

Code:
    Ext.override(Ext.grid.feature.Grouping, {	onGroupClick: function(view, rowElement, groupName, e) {
    		var me = this;
    		if (me.startCollapsed && !Ext.isBoolean(me.collapsedState[groupName])) me.collapsedState[groupName] = true;
    		me.callParent(arguments);
    	},
    	expand: function(groupName) {
    		var me = this;
    		if (me.startCollapsed && !Ext.isBoolean(me.collapsedState[groupName])) me.collapsedState[groupName] = true;
    		me.callParent(arguments);
    	}
    });

Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Hi Mitchell,

Please clarify is this still not fixed? I just can't see the bug id to check it quickly in the release notes.

Maybe are you able to post a link to the thread which this one duplicates?

Vote Rating

Thank you, @watermark!

I see it is unfixed yet.
    Ext.NET - ASP.NET for Ext JS
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter