Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tekkie00 is on a distinguished road

Default Dynamically add panel to a card Layout

Dynamically add panel to a card Layout

I have a card layout which is configured on 1 tab within a tabPanel. This works fine if I have items:[] pre-configured and I can just call setActiveItem(index) to switch to the right card.

Is there a way to add a panel to this card layout dynamically? For example, I need to load a specific "next" card depending on what button is tapped on the current card. Is this as easy as adding the panel to the items list? Do I need to reload or re-render anything?

If there is a way to lazy-load (by default) the items in a card layout, that might be the ideal solution.

Any takers?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The setActiveItem can accept quite a few different types like a config object that will create the component, add the component and make it active in one call:

Code:
    container.setActiveItem({
        xtype : 'form',
        items : [
            { xtype : 'textfield', label : 'Test' }
        ]
    });
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1