Ext User
    Vote Rating
    khnle is on a distinguished road

Default Yui-ext works on IE6

Yui-ext works on IE6

I just wonder if yui-ext does really work on IE6? I cannot figure out the reason why on one of my projects, so I visited jackslocum.com, and guess what? jackslocum.com site also does not work.

I did some light search, but have not ran into any mentioning of yui-ext on IE6. Please share your experience. Greatly appreciate.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

Do you really think that this code doesn't work on a browser that still has the majority of the browser market share? If that was the case, don't you think you'd see mention of it here in the forums?

Maybe you should check your IE install or try from another PC. Saying the code/site doesn't work is a little ambiguous - what does that mean?

Ext User
    Vote Rating

That's exactly my point. I was not surprised at all when my stuff does not work on IE6. But when jackslocum.com does not work on IE6, that's a surprise to me.

BTW, when I said "...does not work on IE6", I mean it does not wotk on none of the machines that have IE6 installed that I can my hands on. In this case it means 3 machines wirh IE6 that I tried.

I tried to attach an screenshot, but am not seeing where to do that. I'll do that later. So let's just forget about my stuff for now. Let's focus on the site that we know for sure that should work. Have you been able to access jackslocum.com successfully. Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tryanDLS is on a distinguished road

Just tried seems to be fine in IE6. Trying from another PC with IE7 - seems OK there to. I did see a quick JS error. It's possible Jack was in the process of upgrading the code on the site. It does seem to be intermittently slow loading, so there maybe some server issues. I'll ping him to check.

That however is a separate issue from yui-ext working in IE6.

Ext User
    Vote Rating

You're absolutely right. I just tried from a machine with IE6 outside this LAN where I'm currently in. Both jackslocum.com and mine work fine. So I think it must be related to some global settings on IE6 that my admin put in place. Thanks for the confirmation.

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    PurpleNurple is on a distinguished road

for whatever reason, i've noticed a lot of companies letting their users run around with XP SP1 (have still not upgraded to SP2), with my sites this is a cause of a lot of problems i have. i would make sure your admin is keeping you up to date.