Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    gishmo is on a distinguished road

Yes, it is. :-)

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

You are right guys, this is a little inconsistent - ListStore was supposed to have specific javadocs indicating what it is doing.

Store.getAll() doesn't know what exactly will be done to implement this feature - in the case of TreeStore there is good way to make a list that doesn't involve a copy. There are a number of places that need to make this call, and rather than two calls, one with copy, one without, I'm currently of the opinion that the copy should be optional.

I will file this as an issue so we can review it further, but I wanted to get additional feedback here too - Store.getAll() will be modified to be clear that a copy may be made, and ListStore.getAll will be modified to override the javadocs in Store.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    esag_dk is on a distinguished road

This sounds great, thank you!
    After reading this topic I was a little bit afraid that ListStore.getAll() really does copy all the values. And that wouldn't be that great, since I'm using it a lot

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

We may be getting outside the scope of this discussion (join me on irc.freenode.net at #extgwt for more discussion), but what are you using it so much for? If you are iterating through elements with a for-each loop and are concerned about performance, strongly consider switching to a for(int i = 0;...) loop, which is typically much better performing in GWT code, especially in IE.

Code:
    for (int i = 0; i < listStore.size(); i++) {
       Obj o = listStore.get(i);