Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nisbet is on a distinguished road

Default Couldn't install SDK Tools 2.0.0-beta3 on OSX

Couldn't install SDK Tools 2.0.0-beta3 on OSX

Hi

When installing the Sencha SDK Tools 2.0.0-beta3 on OSX Lion, I get this Error:
    Unknown error running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
    When I tried to add sencha manually to my $PATH, I got this after running "sencha":
    [ERROR] Sencha SDK Tools 2.0.0-beta3 cannot be found from your system (SENCHA_SDK_TOOLS_2_0_0_BETA3 environment variable is not set). Please download and install version "2.0.0-beta3" of the tools from http://www.sencha.com/products/sdk-tools . Close this terminal and open a new one after the installation is complete.
    Installing keeps givng me the same
    Unknown error running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
    everytime I try.

Can someone help?
    Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default workaround

workaround

It seemed to have something to do with my useraccount - logged in as another User and the sencha command works.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hufkens is on a distinguished road

Any news on this thread? I have got the same issue, and don't get this solved.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

It's really annoying, but i now use another useraccount for the sencha command. So I can use it, but it is a hassle to handle permissions and logging in as another user in terminal. So a real fix would be appreciated

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    edsmithed is on a distinguished road

Default My solution

My solution

I'm doubtful if this will help...

I had the same problem. I completely quit and restarted Terminal. After that, all worked.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    denny2trasy is on a distinguished road

Default the same as me

the same as me

I have the same problem, and not soloved

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brki is on a distinguished road

For me, the problem was that the installer failed set the necessary environment variable. Adding the following to my shell login script (your's is probably .bashrc) let it work for me:

export SENCHA_SDK_TOOLS_2_0_0_BETA3=/Applications/SenchaSDKTools
    export PATH=$PATH:$SENCHA_SDK_TOOLS_2_0_0_BETA3

Where "/Applications/SencahSDKTools" is the directory where I told the installer to put it's files.

(Note: actually I'm using zsh, perhaps the installer made some assumption about the shell being used and thus failed to set the environment variable)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by brki View Post
    (Note: actually I'm using zsh, perhaps the installer made some assumption about the shell being used and thus failed to set the environment variable)
    oh, I'm using zsh as well. So this might be the problem -.-
    Thx for your help

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Caro85 is on a distinguished road

any updates yet? I have the same Problem and tried adding Sencha_SDK_Tools to the Path with no success

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    vegaroy13 is on a distinguished road

Default config over linux

config over linux

Hi:

I had the same problem, also at the end of installing SDK, had the same end-post install error.

But set the var SENCHA_SDK_TOOLS_2_0_0_BETA3 resolves the issue.

Two things to do in linux environment over the console, on .zshr , .bashrc, etc that is the config file of shell (zsh, bash, etc) append this lines:

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3/:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3/bin
    export SENCHA_SDK_TOOLS_2_0_0_BETA3=/opt/SenchaSDKTools-2.0.0-beta3

first includes bin and home SDKtools in path (where searchs commands) and seccond set the type of JAVA_HOME var used bySDK sencha.

If you don't know what terminal/shell you are using, execute over the command line:

echo $SHELL

The paths are the default ones, if they were changed, the new val must be set. Also, I installed diferent versions of SDK, 32 and 64 bits, on different laptops, with same error and same solution.

to see you configured vars execute:

env

cheers.