You found a bug! We've classified it as DSGNR-1850 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Default Cannot transform top-level views when they are linked to other views

Cannot transform top-level views when they are linked to other views

I am not sure when this crept in, but I was reading the 4.1 performance guide, which mentioned that it is a good idea to convert Panels to containers if you are not using Panel-specific features. I am not able to transform any of my top-level views; the menu is simply not there.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If your top level views have been linked, we disable transformations.

This prevents the situation where it was valid when you dragged it into the container but then may become invalid after the transform. We had this bug reported internally and have it on the list of things to fix as a low priority.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Oh, that makes sense. Well if anything, a popup that explains that would be great. I will just remove and re-add the links then.

Thread Participants: 1