Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    paulh1971 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: JsonP not populating list

Answered: JsonP not populating list

Hello all, I have scoured the forums for a solution for the JsonP not populating list problem I am having and from what I can tell everything is setup up properly, but something is not quite right.

When using Ajax with a local .json file it works great, but when I change it over to JsonP the list is blank and there are no errors in the console.

Here is my proxy info:
    Code:
    proxy: {            type: 'jsonp',
                url: 'http://domainiamusing.com/mobiledata/?callback=ShowsCallback',

reader: {
                    type: 'json',
                    rootProperty: 'shows'
                }
            }
    Here is a sample of what is being returned when I view the url in a browser window.

Code:
    ShowsCallback({"shows":{[{"usID":"258","usEventName":"Memphis","usEventType":"4","usEventStatus":"2","usEventOnSaleDateBegin":"9/24/2011 12:00:00 PM","usEventOnSaleDateEnd":"5/13/2012 11:30:00 PM","usEventDateBegin":"5/1/2012 12:00:00 AM","usEventDateEnd":"5/13/2012 11:30:00 PM","usEventBuyTicketsUrl":""}]} }
    This is just baffling me. Does anyone have any thoughts on what may be wrong?

Thanks,
    Paul

2. Please post questions to the relevant Q&A or Help forum. I would move this thread but you haven't said which framework/version you're using so I don't know where to move it.

You shouldn't be specifying the name of the callback function in the URL. The framework will generate a unique function name for you and add it to the URL itself.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of skirtle has much to be proud of

Please post questions to the relevant Q&A or Help forum. I would move this thread but you haven't said which framework/version you're using so I don't know where to move it.

You shouldn't be specifying the name of the callback function in the URL. The framework will generate a unique function name for you and add it to the URL itself.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Hi skirtle,

This is Sencha Touch 2.

Thanks for your response to the problem. I removed the specification of the callback function in the URL. I also had to adjust a few things in my json file creation, and now it works great.

Paul

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure the callback function you have in your response is 100% what is sent as a parameter in your request?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Yeah, it's working great now. Sorry, I should have closed this post.

Thread Participants: 2