Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.rudd View Post
    I see it is back in build 442, but it would be much more useful if it actually applied the filter as you switched between objects. As it stands you have to change the filter value (i just type a space and delete it) for it be be re-applied to the property list.
    This is intentional. I personally use an arrow key. We are discussing a more complex ui with the ability to lock a search as many searches won't apply as you go in between component to component.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Also note there is a short-cut to apply the filter (under view menu)
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    Also note there is a short-cut to apply the filter (under view menu)
    Duly noted but it seems that I'm not the only one who thinks that a filter means a filter, regardless of what you click on. If it shows nothing then it's *my* problem to remove the filter which *I* put there. Carrying the argument to the absurd it's like a Bold button only applying as far as the word you're typing because the next word is... well, it's a separate word, what are you doing wanting to embolden *two* words you greedy so and so?? When I click the bold button by crikey it should stay put until I click it again :-)

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    wayne.rudd has a spectacular aura about wayne.rudd has a spectacular aura about wayne.rudd has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    This is intentional. I personally use an arrow key. We are discussing a more complex ui with the ability to lock a search as many searches won't apply as you go in between component to component.
    While it may not always apply, most likely it will - so the beaviour should cater to 'most likely' rather then the exception. If I leave the search text there then the implication is I want the list to be filtered. Simple to click the X when I don't want it anymore...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    I agree with the two posters above me. It seems logical that the search should stick, and if it doesn't match anything, too bad.

This is becoming increasingly necessary as the 'common' configs have ballooned in size in the latest builds. I thought 'common' was supposed to list only 5-10 configs? I am seeing 20+ on most of my widgets.

Consider too the fact that the filtering in the Toolbox actually does save your search when you navigate between categories - and you could make a much more convincing argument there that it should not.

Edit: Just noticed that hitting Cmd-E to select the filter pane applies the filter. So that's a nice time-saver. You don't have to use space-backspace or press an arrow key.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice marc.fearby is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Sottilde View Post
    Edit: Just noticed that hitting Cmd-E to select the filter pane applies the filter. So that's a nice time-saver. You don't have to use space-backspace or press an arrow key.
    Sencha have pointed this out before but I still think that having to press Ctrl-E to apply the filter between visits to the config pane when setting the same property dozens of times over is just being deliberately mean, IMHO. Perhaps they could add a menu item that is a tick yes/no to say "Always apply config filter", then we can decide for ourselves instead of having an illogical M.O. foisted upon us.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by marc.fearby View Post
    Sencha have pointed this out before but I still think that having to press Ctrl-E to apply the filter between visits to the config pane when setting the same property dozens of times over is just being deliberately mean, IMHO. Perhaps they could add a menu item that is a tick yes/no to say "Always apply config filter", then we can decide for ourselves instead of having an illogical M.O. foisted upon us.
    Well of course it is not deliberately mean. It is difficult as an application designer to fully understand what your users will want. The Architect team has been quick about these changes in the past and I am sure they will sort this out or give us the option.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    polnicky is on a distinguished road

In addition to being able to set font SIZE in the Config panel, font color would also be nice. Small grey font is killing my aging eyes!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mikepz888 is on a distinguished road

Default Font size of Architect

Font size of Architect

Hi all, very new not only to Sencha but any framework. Just wanted to know how do I:

1. Increase the font size of Architect (way too small)
    2. Make the dull grey color darket (struggling to see it)

thx.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Welcome mikepz888

Settings -> Application

THeme: You may prefer the "Dark" theme.
    Font Size: Make it big
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran